Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada Customer Data Intelligence team is looking for a Senior Analyst that will help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help Air Canada make smarter decisions. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, building high quality prediction systems integrated with the business needs and implementing the outcome in the current business processes.
- Work closely with the branch departments to understand their Data and Analytics needs and prioritize the requirements
- Establish a strong relationship with relevant stakeholders to better understand their needs
- Familiarize and master the database/Management information/IT tools used at Air Canada
- Actively participate in strategic projects/initiatives that require in depth analysis of data
- Play a part in shaping the business’s data infrastructure, inclusive of data-warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms.
- Identifies, communicates, and endeavors to resolve data gaps that impact the fulfillment of the business’s functional requirements
- Build and operationalize processes that ensure timely data processing and maintain accuracy and relevance of data used within the branch
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment with specialists in machine learning, data engineering and design and provide acquired expertise in these areas
- Develop the appropriate ML models to address the business questions using the appropriate tools and models
- Undergrad degree required in a relevant field. M.Sc. preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, statistical modelling, and machine learning techniques.
- Expert SQL skills and/or Python. PySparks experience a plus.
- Experience with Azure, Snowflake and Databricks an asset.
- Very strong analytical skills, able to handle and manage large amounts of data to synthesize into decision variables.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the organization.
- Attention to details, excellent analytical, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Responds resourcefully and shows nimbleness when faced with new challenges and demands.
- Team player, who can work in an autonomous setting.
- Proven organizational and planning skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted
Air Canada is the flag carrier and the largest airline of Canada by fleet size and passengers carried. Air Canada maintains its headquarters in the borough of Saint-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec.