Overview EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that designs and enables agile, customer-centric operating models to help clients improve their revenue growth and profitability.
Our delivery model provides market-leading business outcomes using EXL’s proprietary Business EXLerator Framework™, cutting-edge analytics, digital transformation and domain expertise. At EXL, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance.
EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 32,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), South America, Australia and South Africa. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and provide leadership around data infrastructure and data engineering by overseeing development, customization, and management of data integration tools, databases, warehouses, and analytical systems
- Work across a wide range of problems in the data ingestion, data compute, data transport, data orchestration, data interoperability, experimentation, and data privacy areas
- Review and integrate data into readily available formats while maintaining existing structures and govern their use according to business requirements
- Manage the evaluation and integration of new data sources as they become available and monitor the performance, scalability, and security of data
- Identify and improve the technical competencies within the team and establish practices for delivering engineering excellence
- Partner with client engineering teams to understand their data needs and help create tools and automation that helps them derive value from their data
- Works with the Business Intelligence delivery team to build out target information delivery architecture across PowerBI
- Lead by example, role-modeling best practices for unit testing, CI/CD, performance testing, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, alerting and incident response.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in in a quantitative or technical field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years IT experience in software development for data systems at scale (building data warehouse, data marts, data lakes, ETL, analytic solutions, etc.)
- 4+ years of leadership and people management experience in a technology environment
- 3+ years of experience implementing solutions with AWS, specifically data services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Aurora-Postgres, Glue ETL, Lambda, SNS, SQS etc)
- Knowledge of market trends including cloud technology
- Demonstrated interest in learning about emerging data platforms and Big Data technologies
- Expert working knowledge of Python programing language, SQL, and data modeling, with the ability to understand the context of a business question and build a holistic answer
- Experience modeling data in a warehouse such as Snowflake, Redshift, and or BigQuery
- Managed agile/scrum team(s) before of different skill levels and know when to be a motivator, coach, or a player
- Strong communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented, quality driven, and able to shift quickly to new tasks
EXL fuses digital technology and deep industry expertise, human expertise and artificial intelligence to deliver Digital Intelligence that helps your business grow faster and more profitably. See What Digital Intelligence Can Do. EXL Service is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps our clients build and grow sustainable businesses. By orchestrating our domain expertise, data, analytics and digital technology.