Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Software Engineer in the Infrastructure Engineering R&D group? We’re glad you asked!
Taboola, the world’s largest content recommendation platform, is hiring an expert software developer for a Software Engineerposition in the Infrastructure Engineering R&D group.
At Taboola, we currently work in a hybrid work model giving employees the flexibility to work from home a few days a week. We have offices in Ramat Gan and Beer Sheva and are looking to grow to additional locations such as Jerusalem, where our Taboolars have the opportunity to meet their teammates, connect with other teams and socialize with friends.
What are some of the things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Develop one of the largest real time high scale operation in the world to support over 1.4B users, >500,000 requests / second, 100TB of new data every day
- Have end to end ownership: Design, develop, deploy, measure and maintain our services
- Solve production issues in the framework code
- Collaborate with the brightest software engineers team members
- Influence directly on the way billions of people discover the internet
Here are some of the things software devs in our group did in the last several months:
- Rewrote part of our recommendation servers to reduce serving time p999 by >40%
- Rolled out custom Cassandra compaction strategy
- Created and improved Taboola’s Kafka consumer designed for very high scale
- Developed a brand new Taboola metrics pipeline, ingesting over 100B metric messages per day
- Anomaly detection engine for application metrics
- Rolled out a new custom home-built Taboola authentication service
- Many more things…
Our Tech Stack:
Java, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Vertica, MySQL, HDFS, BigQuery, Docker, Linux, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Metrictank, Grafana, Airflow, Redis
This is us!
You will work with:
- The people who wrote the first lines of code in Taboola (and many many more lines after that)
- The proud owner of a beer brewery
- People who are deeply familiar with the code of Kafka, Cassandra, AirFlow, Prometheus and Spark (including committing back)
- Famous internal Taboola hackathon winners
- The designers and implementers of a offheap, zero GC, Custom Kafka Producer which cumulatively sends ~100B messages / day
What are the skills a Software Engineer needs to have
- Experience developing large scale distributed systems
- Deep understanding of strong Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures systems, applications programming and multi threading programming
- 3+ years programming experience in Java or equivalent Object-Oriented language
- Production systems understanding
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL
- Highly Proficient in Linux environment
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams
- BS.c in computer science or equivalent experience
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience in Big Data tools
- Knowledge in algorithms, data-mining and machine learning
- Taboola is the world’s leading recommendation platform reaching over 500 million daily active users. We’re growing rapidly, and have recently gone public on the NASDAQ.
- Adam Singolda, Taboola Founder and CEO says; “You can copy anything from another business but you can’t copy a company’s culture.”
If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow to, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
At Taboola, we pride ourselves in making an impact on how people consume content across the world, a culture of transparency, passion, and a diverse, inclusive and friendly work environment.
Taboola is a public advertising company headquartered in New York City. The CEO of Taboola is Adam Singolda, who founded the company in 2007. It provides advertisements such as "Around the Web" and "Recommended For You" boxes at the bottom of many online news articles.