Posted on:7 May 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Search, Machine Learning (13969) - Seattle
Getty Images, Inc.
Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
Who You Are:
- Do you want to direct and lead a groundbreaking team on one of the most exciting advancements in technology, Image Search? Getty Images has access to hundreds of millions of images; your job is to help customers identify and discover only the highest quality and most relevant content for their brand, campaign, or side-project. The Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Search, Machine Learning will both lead and contribute to moving Getty Images’ search forward. In the growing industry of on-site search, we use visual intelligence, sorting and recommendation algorithms, ranking strategies to capture and manifest the style and concepts of our customers’ imaginations.
- This role requires significant familiarity with the industry of Search and will combine your mentoring/leadership skills with your passion and knowledge of search. We move the world with our imagery, and we want your help to drive this progress forward with relevance algorithms, image search, and natural language processing. This role will work very closely with product management, content, data science, and senior technology leaders to deliver groundbreaking, impactful changes with speed. You will encourage those around you to raise the bar and innovate.
Your Next Challenge
- Lead the Search Engineering team to deliver innovative and customer-impacting products
- Acquire, retain and grow outstanding teams of people
- Identify and remove obstacles in the way from achieving the fastest path to value
- Live and model a Learn/Fail Fast culture
- Be a great partner to multiple cross-functional groups, with a singular focus on providing the best experience for our customers
- Quickly deliver significant customer and business impact with search and AI/ML technologies
What You'll Need
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Commanding knowledge and experience working with large-scale Search technologies, such as Solr and ElasticSearch
- Significant experience with management
- Significant programming experience in a structured software development environment
- Significant experience designing, developing, and supporting large, enterprise class solutions
- Experience deploying cloud-hosted applications and managing costs and budgets
- Track record of hiring and growing highly hardworking individuals
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment
Getty Images, Inc.
Getty Images, Inc. is a British-American visual media company and is a supplier of stock images, editorial photography, video and music for business and consumers, with a library of over 477 million assets. It targets three markets—creative professionals, the media, and corporate.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Getty Images, Inc. is currently hiring Senior Software Engineering Manager Jobs in United States with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.