Posted on:7 May 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
Who you are:
- Getty Images has access to hundreds of millions of images; your job is to help customers identify and discover only the highest quality and most relevant content for their brand, campaign, or side-project. In the growing industry of on-site search, we apply visual intelligence, outstanding sorting and recommendation algorithms and natural language processing (NLP) to collect and manifest the style and concepts of our customer's search needs.
- This role requires utmost familiarity with the industry of Search and will allow you to lead with your passion and knowledge of search. We move the world with our imagery, and we want your help to drive this progress forward with relevance algorithms, image search, NLP! This role will work very closely with product management, content, data science, and senior technology leaders to deliver groundbreaking changes with speed and vitality, and will encourage those around them to set a higher standard and deliver impact.
Your Next Challenge:
- Work with the other Principal Engineer to lead the search engineering team to deliver innovative and customer-impacting products
- Identify and remove obstacles in the way from achieving the fastest path to value
- Be a phenomenal partner to multiple multi-functional groups, with a magnified focus on providing the best experience for our customers.
- Help establish and maintain a culture of quality and ownership for the search infrastructure.
- quickly deliver significant customer and business impact with search and AI/ML technologies.
What You'll Need:
- Commanding knowledge and experience working with large-scale search technologies, such as Solr and Elasticsearch
- Experience as a technical team leader
- Significant programming experience in a structured software development environment
- Significant experience designing, developing, and supporting large, enterprise class solutions
- Experience deploying cloud-hosted applications
- Ability to quickly and accurately estimate cost and effort needed to deliver a feature.
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field
- Master’s Degree preferred
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Getty Images, Inc.
Getty Images, Inc. is a British-American visual media company and is a supplier of stock images, editorial photography, video and music for business and consumers, with a library of over 477 million assets. It targets three markets—creative professionals, the media, and corporate.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Getty Images, Inc. is currently hiring Principal Software Engineer Jobs in Calgary, AB, Canada with average base salary of Can$95,000 - Can$170,000 / Year.