Posted on:27 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
The Data Science Intern role will contribute to the department's analytical agenda. Work across product, client, and IT divisions to help drive that agenda with business units. Perform sophisticated, large scale analysis on markets, clients, and ecosystems and discuss client-facing analysis with clients. Brainstorm, design, gain approval, and implement internal and external tools and applications. Expand usage of Data Science tools with staff and clients.
- Utilize Statistical Analysis and Machine Learning techniques to Drive identification and analysis of opportunities, risks, and trends.
- Utilize technical skills to deliver systematic, automated, or statistically significant information with little initial human monitoring or intervention. Develop sophisticated market analysis, client analysis, forecasts, and automated alerts for business leaders and divisions. Provide ideas for new alerts, determine the best methodology for delivery.
- Manage and direct large, multi-faceted projects that deliver valuable analytical I sight or new capabilities
- Combine analytical skills with team-defined scope to deliver desired analytical results. Work directly with Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to proliferate understanding, incorporate feedback, and refine analytical agenda
- Perform highly quantitative analysis on clients and product market structures to identify and understand opportunities, risks, and trends. Perform Big Data analytics on large CME Group databases to better understand CME Group Market ecosystems and Globex infrastructure
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to brainstorm new ideas from inception to fruition. Make presentations to Sales, Marketing, and Product teams on analysis performed
- Broadly utilize database systems and technical skills to perform analytics faster and more efficiently
- Stay current with leading edge systems, methods, and best practices for data science analytics and data infrastructure
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Working knowledge of traditional Machine Learning algorithms (Clustering, Tree Based Models, Collaborative Filtering, Association)
- Understanding of the modeling design process and best practices
- Strong programming skills in R, Python (Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, and scikit-learn)
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or other Data Visualization tools
- Experience with data cleaning/munging and fuzzy matching
- Experience in with SQL scripting
- Expertise using the latest machine learning libraries/packages
- Not be afraid of hard work, proposing new ideas, and doing things smarter.
The Intern position will be based in Chicago.
Chicago Mercantile Exchange
The Chicago Mercantile Exchange is a global derivatives marketplace based in Chicago and located at 20 S. Wacker Drive. The CME was founded in 1898 as the Chicago Butter and Egg Board, an agricultural commodities exchange. Originally, the exchange was a non-profit organization.
No. of Employees
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Chicago Mercantile Exchange is currently hiring Data Science Internship Jobs in Chicago, IL, USA with average base salary of $91,630 - $124,630 / Year.