Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Data Scientist to join our team. This position is based out of Huntsville, AL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with large, complex, and disparate data sets
- Designing and implementing innovative ways to analyze and exploit the Sponsor’s data holdings
- Researching and reporting on a wide variety of Sponsor inquiries
- Raising proactive inquiries to the Sponsor based on observations and proposed data analysis/exploitation
- Solving difficult, non-routine problems by applying advanced analytical methodologies, and improving analytic methodologies
- Developing custom searches
- Communicating and coordinating with internal and external partners as needed
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience. An additional four (4) years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate analytic tools and methodologies in one or more of the following:
- Applied mathematics (e.g. probability and statistics, formal modeling, computational social sciences)
- Computer programming (e.g. programming languages, math/statistics packages, computer science, machine learning, scientific computing)
- Ability to code or script in one or more general programming language
- Experience with and theoretical understanding of algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and anomaly detection
- Knowledge of relational databases, including SQL and large-scale distributed systems (e.g. Hadoop)
- Expertise with statistical data analysis (e.g. linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in collecting information and accurately representing/visualizing it to non-technical third parties
Security Clearance Requirements:
- TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI Poly
- The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, or to communicate with co-workers, management, and customers, via email, phone, and or virtual communication, which may involve delivering presentations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ManTech International Corporation is an American defense contracting firm that was co-founded in 1968 by Franc Wertheimer and George J. Pedersen. The company uses technology to help government and industry clients.
No. of Employees
Herndon, Virginia, USA