Posted on:7 Dec 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Essential Job Functions
- DXC’s ServiceNow Strategic Business Group organization sells technical and service functions to serve DXC’s diverse client base across a broad range of operational sectors. A data science intern within the Platform X (Innovation and Automation) team works within DXC to develop and implement opportunities for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our AIOps products via insights generated from operational data. I&A’s focus is on solving business problems and thus a core focus of the Analytics team is on providing Analytical models to deliver predictive/prescriptive/cognitive and descriptive insights to operations teams. Many of these insights are developed in collaboration with a global data science team.
As a member of this team you will work both your local peers and team members located around the world to build, deploy and evolve analytics assets across DXC. You will also work closely with operational leaders within Delivery operations to identify opportunities, available data and ways that data can help in achieving actions with value for our clients and DXC.
- Demonstrated some level of proficiency in object-oriented languages, e.g. R, Python, and Java in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to work with Jupyter Notebook.
- Knowledge of database concepts/structures and ability to write SQL queries (Redshift, RDS Postgres etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages e.g. bash
- Ability to clearly communicate with business units and delivery groups to understand the nature of their business challenges, factors specific to that operation
- Ability to work closely with others in a fast-paced and collaborative technical setting
- Ability to rapidly learn and develop new skills, largely on one’s own by staying in tune with the market and emerging technologies and techniques
- Ability to refactor and modularize codebases
- An ability to quickly learn the essentials of a new operational team (e.g., a specific account within DXC’s delivery organization) and understand the nuances of tools, processes, data and business requirements that impact actions required to add value for the client and DXC
- Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in progress in the area of Computer Science/Information Science/Engineering
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient oral and written English communication skills
If you are an applicant from the United States, Guam, or Puerto Rico
DXC Technology is an American multinational information technology services and consulting company headquartered Ashburn, Virginia U.S.
No. of Employees
Ashburn, Virginia, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
DXC Technology is currently hiring Data Science Internship Jobs in North Carolina, USA with average base salary of $89,330 - $122,330 / Year.