Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
NBCU has an exciting opportunity for a collaborative Data Analyst to make an impact, within the Global IT Vendor Management Operations team.
The Data Analyst will work closely with partners within our Modernization, Asset Management, Vendor Management and Client Services teams, and use accelerated knowledge and expertise, to extract greater value from our IT assets.
Here you can focus on initiatives that empower NBCU by delivering valuable insights derived through advanced analytics, reporting and partnerships.
- Conduct planned and ad-hoc analysis of IT services and related expenses to facilitate creation of ad-hoc financial reports.
- Audit the billing/invoices/vendor reports to identify overages, under-usage, zero-usage and recommend harvesting opportunities
- Provide recommendations on necessary changes to corporate plans and/or service contracts based on usage trends and cost effectiveness
- Communicate with end-users as needed to confirm plan changes and coordinate recovery of IT assets as needed
- Provide data driven analysis, reporting and solutions to ad-hoc business questions
- Collect, Clean, extract, analyze and interpret large data sets from internal and external systems
- Carry on analysis answering key business questions by applying an analytical mind-set. Quickly and efficiently process information from multiple sources. Collaborate with stakeholders to interpret complex technical analysis and communicate them effectively
- Develop, track, and report weekly/monthly/quarterly service level agreements (SLA), Experience Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and any other agreed metrics for services in scope
- Analyze expenses, identify and recommend cost optimization opportunities.
- Analyze metrics, design reports, develop dashboards and communicates the results to department leaders/managers, and provide suggestions based on the findings
- Develop and create data layout leveraging tables, graphs, charts, heat maps, and process flow diagrams
- Rigorously and effectively examine large quantities of data and derive insights from the data sets
- Develop and maintain reporting templates, standards, and procedures
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- Strong understanding of the IT Workplace Services domains such as IT Service Desk, Desktop Support, End-User Computing , Collaboration and Conferencing services, Mobile Services, Print Services etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with large data sets and analytical tools.
- Functional knowledge and experience working with the industry leading BI tools: Power BI, Tableau, SQL and other tools
- 3+ years of experience with: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, Smartsheet, Advanced Microsoft Excel (macros), JIRA, SQL queries, Document Management, and SharePoint
- Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
- Able to use consultative approach and persuasive communication
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to get the work done within the matrix organization (leading by influence)
- Attention to details even under pressure
- Effective Communication – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
- Portfolio Management Skills – Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages a portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Senior Managers, and Execs
- Ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Self-Starter - Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently; the ability to actively look for improvements and automation
- Must be detail-oriented and thorough with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Effective in a variety of formal/informal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated enthusiasm and willingness to learn new methods, tools, practices and skills
- Staying up to date on the latest industry trends in technology that could provide solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams across the organization
NBCUniversal Media, LLC is an American mass media and entertainment conglomerate owned by Comcast and headquartered at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. NBCUniversal is primarily involved in the media and entertainment industry.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
NBCUniversal is currently hiring Data Analyst Jobs in New York, NY, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.