Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
As a Data Analyst, within the D&A team, you will be responsible for the generation of insights to help answer specific business questions. Ideally, you will have experience working with consumer data using privacy-safe methods to drive analysis around growth marketing, engagement, brand overlap, and churn. Working across multiple projects and with key stakeholders from the business, the data analyst will help define the approach to insights on several analytics projects and be a key member of the D&A team.
As part of the global Operations & Technology organization, the D&A team is focused on strategies for the future. We support NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks, and a diverse suite of digital properties. We take pride in supplying our business groups with data to advise and shape strategic business decisions related to our content.
- Become the subject matter expert for datasets related to consumer analytics, content analytics, and the marketing supply chain
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with the Data & Analytics org as well as across the company to drive analysis
- Drive the documentation, and development of insights using existing analytical platforms such as Snowflake, Databricks, Tableau, etc
- Work closely with the data engineers and architects within the Data and Analytics group for data onboarding, process implementation, analysis, and modeling
- Build insights and visualizations that communicate a narrative and condense data trends to palatable metrics to drive business decisions.
- Participate in development sprints, demos, and retrospectives, as well as release and deployment
- Gather requirements from business stakeholders and convert them into technical solutions that give the users access to the data in a format that highlights actionable insights.
- Navigating complex schemas and large data sets, developing or improving metrics for business performance
- Create derived metrics, document findings, communicate their discoveries to non-technical audiences.
- While the position works closely with the data engineering team, the Data Analyst role will focus more on the analysis of the data rather than the onboarding of the data.
- 2+ years of experience as an analyst supporting a business function such as within the consumer/marketing space
- Undergraduate degree in the field of computer science or engineering, or focus on statistical analysis or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced experience with using SQL to query and derive insights
- Demonstratable experience in a scripting language such as Python to aid in data munging and preparation
- The ability to document, understand and navigate a relational data model
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to utilize technology to address business questions and use cases
- Experience in a reporting/visualization tool like Tableau/PowerBI with specific emphasis on crafting a narrative through data
- Detail-oriented with a deep sense of ownership regarding insights and how they should be used and interpreted
- Analytical - Understanding of general data engineering principles around ETL automation and data modeling principles
- Communicator - You have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate ideas effectively across all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical
- Action-oriented - You approach challenging situations with a positive attitude, always displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and with a collaborative mindset
- Media-focused - Strong knowledge/passion for media including broadcast TV, digital, and film
NBCUniversal Media, LLC is an American mass media and entertainment conglomerate owned by Comcast and headquartered at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. NBCUniversal is primarily involved in the media and entertainment industry.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
NBCUniversal is currently hiring Data Analyst Jobs in New York, NY, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.