Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
Comcast Applied AI & Discovery is an innovative research group within Comcast’s Technology & Product organization with offices in Washington DC, Philadelphia, Denver and Chicago that engages in groundbreaking research to re-invent customer experience for Comcast’s 22+ Million consumers using AI and machine learning. To learn more about the team visit - https://jobs.comcast.com/ml-ai-team-page The AI for Connected Living (CL) team under Comcast Applied AI & Discovery brings the Computer Vision and Deep Learning capability and delivers brilliant features to our connected living product. The vision of our team is to enhance our customers’ safety and connectivity in the home by creating smart home and internet experience with AI technologies. We are currently looking to hire a lead researcher with 3+ years of experience in conducting cutting-edge research in AI and Machine Learning applied to the connected living domain. The primary location is either in Philadelphia, PA, or Washington, DC. We feature an informal, open, fun atmosphere and cultivate a start-up culture with the backing of a Fortune 50 company. To better serve our community, we believe the diversity of our team should reflect the diversity of our customers. Responsible for identifying complex problems and developing and deploying novel prototypes and algorithms to solve them. Improves accuracy and functionality of algorithms and understands the overall implications of the entire machine learning frameworks. Translates application requirements into problem statements. Analyzes and evaluates solutions both internally generated as well as third party supplied. Develops novel ways to solve problems and discover new products. Provide guidance and leadership to more junior researchers. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Develops new algorithmic solution and technical requirements of custom designs for future products and applications.
- Leads research in one or more of the following areas: Deep Learning, Computer Vision, and Video Analytics.
- Works with other Technical Leads, Product Managers and Business Partners to lead development of prototypes that demonstrate Research work, help with Product Discovery and integrate research output into engineering code base.
- Works with various team members both within and outside Research. Ensures timely progress of work. Conducts Research in an incremental manner thereby enabling faster integration of technology into products. Able to evaluate prototype systems, write technical papers, and help with technology transfer.
- Keeps track of developments in field both in academia and in industry. Attending relevant conferences and publishing research results is encouraged.
- Guides the successful completion of programs that identify patterns and make decisions with minimal human intervention. Figures out technical objectives of an assignment. Leads the design of prototypes, partnering with the product team and other stakeholders through development. Conducts studies to support product or application development.
- Designs and implements end-to-end solutions using optimization and other advanced computer science technologies and owns live deployments. Aggregates huge amounts of data and information from large numbers of sources to discover patterns and features necessary to automate analytical models.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Contributes to the team by creating patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and other intellectual property.
- Presents papers and/or attends conferences, as well as displaying leadership in these areas.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing and reporting.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Mentor a diverse team of junior engineers in machine learning techniques, tools and concepts. Provides mentorship and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Nice to have:
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, related technical subject area, or experience; Ph.D.
- Strong publications on computer vision and deep learning, including but not limited to video analytics, object detection/recognition, and event/activity recognition. Candidates with top conference publications are preferred (e. g., ICCV/CVPR/ECCV/NIPS/ICML/ICLR)
- Strong programming and software development skills, and familiarity with C/C++ or Python, and deep learning frameworks (Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe).
- Prior experience working on delivering computer vision models for large scale production. Prior experience on designing models for edge devices or cloud or deploying computer vision models in a production scenario is preferred.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Comcast Corporation (formerly registered as Comcast Holdings) is an American telecommunications conglomerate headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is the second-largest broadcasting and cable television company in the world by revenue (behind AT&T), the largest pay-TV company, the largest cable TV company and largest home Internet service provider in the United States, and the nation's third-largest home telephone service provider. Comc
No. of Employees
Tupelo, MS, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Comcast is currently hiring Software Engineer Jobs in Washington D.C., DC, USA with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.