In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing data within the Vulnerability Management database to determine patterns that help develop pro-active risk-based mitigation strategies for networks, operating systems, and applications.
- Design and implement custom algorithms, workflow processes, and layouts for complex, enterprise-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.
- Share meaningful insights about the context of an organizations threat environment that improve its risk management posture
- Examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of providing security insight.
- Analyze external and internal data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via the information available for analysis.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you should possess:
Experience and proficiency with:
- Python, R, or another data science related language.
- Automating manual work.
- Innovating solutions to hard problems.
- Succeed in a fast-moving environment
- Quickly assimilate new concepts and learn new technologies
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with a range of people including engineers, executives, consultants and vendors
What success looks like:
- Solutions are developed that reduce the effort across Comcast enterprise to pro-actively detect and mitigate vulnerabilities
- Automation has reduced the manual workload related to vulnerability management across Comcast
What You Can Expect:
- A casual work environment with opportunities to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Comcast Corporation (formerly registered as Comcast Holdings) is an American telecommunications conglomerate headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is the second-largest broadcasting and cable television company in the world by revenue (behind AT&T), the largest pay-TV company, the largest cable TV company and largest home Internet service provider in the United States, and the nation's third-largest home telephone service provider. Comc
No. of Employees
Tupelo, MS, USA