Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
The Data Science Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Manages a team of data scientists.
- Implements solutions for reporting issues with broad business impact.
- Handles occasionally complex and variable issues with significant departmental impact.
- Shares responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Maintains appropriate staffing requirements to meet operational needs.
- Manages all training and developmental needs for assigned personnel.
- Applies in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function; and, requires basic commercial awareness.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how own area collectively integrates to contribute to achieving overall business goals; requires basic industry knowledge.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directs area supported through responsibility for delivery of end results and shared responsibility for budget management; accountable for resource planning.
- Utilizes developed communication and diplomacy skills to persuade and influence others; may negotiate with external parties.
- Conducts workflow analysis, business process modeling; develop use cases, test plans, and business rules; assist in user acceptance testing.
- Collaborates on design and implementation of workflow solutions that provide long term scalability, reliability, and performance, and integration with reporting.
- Develops in-depth knowledge and proficiency of supported business areas and engage business partners in evaluating opportunities for process integration and refinement.
- Gathers requirements and provide solutions across Business Sectors.
- Partners with cross functional teams to analyze, deconstruct, and map current state process and determineimprovement opportunities including creation of target operation models.
- Assists in negotiating for resources owned by other areas in order ensure required work is completed on schedule.
- Develops and maintain documentation on an ongoing basis, and train new and existing users.
- Directs the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including Senior Management.
- Directs the identification of risks which impact project delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary.
- Ensures that work flow business case / cost benefit analyses are in line with business goals
- Delivers coherent and concise communications detailing the scope, progress and results of initiatives underway.
- Develops strategies to reduce costs, manage risk, and enhance services.
- Deploys influencing and matrix management skills in order to ensure technology solutions meet business requirements.
- Other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5+ years experience with defining and implementing data science programs
- 5+ years experience with tools used for statistical analysis
- 2+ years experience on Agile methodologies
- 3+ years experience on python, libraries and AI/ML
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience
- Experience in Finance processes and models is a nice to have
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience (degree in Information Systems, Business Analysis / Computer Science preferred)
Citigroup Inc. or Citi is an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. The company was formed by the merger of banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group in 1998; Travelers was subsequently spun off from the company in 2002.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Citigroup is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in Tampa, FL, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.