Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
The Data Science Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Manages multiple teams or a functional area (depending on size of business) who support key functions within the business through collection, analysis, review, reporting, documentation and communication of business needs and requirements.
- Develops strategic direction for function.
- Accountable for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Resolves complex and highly variable issues with substantial potential impact.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of BP&A concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Directs subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Manages compliance efforts to follow policies and procedures, as well as contribute to defining standards.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of how own area integrates within the overall function to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources; Accountable for end results.
- Utilizes excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at senior levels (across functions); may communicate with external parties.
- Other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 8+ years experience with tools used for statistical analysis
- 8+ years experience with defining and implementing data science programs
- 5+ years experience of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Citigroup Inc. or Citi is an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. The company was formed by the merger of banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group in 1998; Travelers was subsequently spun off from the company in 2002.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Citigroup is currently hiring Data Science Lead Jobs in Tampa, FL, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.