Who We Are
The Collaboration Technology Group transforms the connections between people and the information they need to share which is essential to better the business. We improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate anywhere, on any device.
Within the technology group we are focused on further transforming the technology by weaving in Adaptive Intelligence to be the information superhighway – connecting people, their work, and their physical world together through intelligence, personalization, relationships, and analytics to innovate, attract and retain talent, enable a global, mobile workforce, and engage customers in a more efficient way.
As part of the Voicea team acquired by Cisco in 2019, you will work closely with other motivated and hardworking engineers to deliver Voicea's industry-leading AI capabilities to millions of users world-wide.
What You Will Do
- Architect, build, and launch scalable data pipelines to support Webex growing data processing and analytics needs. Some upcoming projects you may work on include designing and implementing pipelines that deliver data with high quality, consistency, and timeliness. Evangelize high-quality software engineering practices for building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale
- Build and maintain large scale distributed systems to support the whole pipeline from data collection and training to deployment and real-time serving
- Ability to explore large datasets and find key descriptive and inferential properties in large and diverse datasets. Identify patterns and interactions in the data, and to clearly articulate impact of such data properties on proposed use cases.
- Build models, algorithms, and mechanisms in large scale production systems using A/B experimentation and using state-of-the-art research techniques.
- Build abstractions to automate various steps in different ML workflows
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources; develop relationships with product engineering teams to manage our analytic data model as the product evolves.
- Design our data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
Who You Are
- Expert analytical skills, ability to transform business requirements into highly reliable software processes
- Proficient in programming languages: Python, Go and Bash scripting
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra to efficiently process large volumes of data.
- Experience using workflow management engines (e.g. Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Dagster, digdag.io, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory, UC4, Control-M)
- Advanced SQL and database knowledge. Including experience working with OLAP databases like Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc and OLTP databases like MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in CS/EE, or equivalent experience
Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in San Jose, California, in the center of Silicon Valley. Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products.