The Data Management Strategy and Governance Senior Manager role is an opportunity to set and execute a vision for Individual and Family Plans (IFP) Analytics data strategy. You will work collaboratively with stakeholder partners across the analytics organizations including Information Technology, Analytics Managers, GD&A partners, Enterprise Data Strategy team, and analytics power users to provide prioritization of enhancements to our data assets.
Reporting to the Director of IFP Data & Analytics, this position will evaluate the existing data landscape in partnership with our stakeholders to collectively set the data strategy roadmap. You will require a strategic, collaborative mindset, tech savviness and data management skills to successfully execute the roadmap vision.
Set and execute an internal data strategy roadmap for business-segment specific data warehouses aligned with the long-term enterprise data strategy roadmap.
- Perform internal gap assessment of enterprise asset versus business segment asset, determine prioritization of new development versus enterprise development
- Required understanding of common health plan data assets and business analytics use cases
- Understanding of existing data structures in enterprise environment and segment environment a plus
- Collaborates with Data Science, Technology, Data Governance and Data Analytics to identify data needs across the organizations and ideate and develop best-in-class solutions using traditional and non-traditional information
- Frequent communication and detailed understanding of IFP analytics leadership team data issues, concerns, and needs
- Reconciling various team backlogs to create comprehensive single-source of information for leadership discussions around prioritization
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems and opportunities
- Partner with data analytics & engineering teams for both business segment and enterprise assets
- Responsible for leading standardizing data metric workgroups to rationalize methodology for common enterprise KPI’s
- Creating documentation standards, researching issues, ensuring progress on metric standardization
- Partnering with Data Governance function to understand capabilities and potential implementation opportunities to support data and analytics functional areas
- All activities will require significant stakeholder communication
- 5+ years of experience in data science/data engineering/business analytics
- Strong working knowledge of health plan finance processes and common healthplan KPI’s
- Excellent data skills with proven ability to:
- Design relational constructs in the health plan industry
- Demonstrated experience applying complex business rules to health plan data in areas such as, risk adjustment, claims events, episodes, or membership
- Reconcile complex data sets from multiple sources
- Knowledge of data technology products and components (data lakes, cloud technology, and similar)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in complex matrix organizations, driving outstanding results
- Demonstrated ability in leading success in a team environment to achieve business outcomes (in a direct or indirect leadership role)
- Ability to influence and collaborate with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills with ability to compose concise, visually appealing presentations, written communication, and verbal communication
- Experience with Cigna enterprise warehouse environments, data governance strategy, and issues resolution processes preferred
- Technical experience in automation for the purpose data reconciliation and governance controls (Python, Alteryx, or other relevant technology) preferred
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Understanding of Individual & Family Plans business preferred
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Cigna is an American multinational managed healthcare and insurance company based in Bloomfield, Connecticut. Its insurance subsidiaries are major providers of medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance and related products and services, the majority of which are offered through employers and other groups.