Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
The Credit Services Risk Management team is a large and complex critical function for company success. We are staffed with highly-skilled and motivated individuals with a large emphasis on analytical abilities & problem solving skills. The Sr. Data Analyst will provide critical analysis to enhance credit risk functions such as underwriting and/or collections. This person will be the central point of contact to drive business decisions by leveraging deep analytics.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide recommendations for new or enhanced strategies to reduce losses and to retain customers
- Partner with others to build predictive models and/or to implement solutions in production processes
- Ensures that programming tasks are completed before the deadline and are fully tested with minimal defects
- Gather business requirements. This individual will need to work with leadership and business partners to identify data and reporting needs for analysis
- Develop/select methodologies to derive answers to business problems
- Analyze data to provide meaningful insights. This individual must have strong data manipulation and interpretation skills, and be able to quantitatively assess business problems
- Identify data sources and data attributes across and outside the company that will support the business needs
- Conduct analyses that drive meaningful change on key objectives established by senior Charter leadership
- Synthesize actionable insights by joining together large data sets from across the company, and applying appropriate analytical techniques
- Communicate findings clearly and concisely through narrative-driven presentations and effective data visualizations to Charter executives and decision makers
- Develop analytic plans and testable hypotheses for key business questions raised by partners to ensure that all important questions are addressed fully, appropriately, and accurately
- Perform other duties as may be requested by manager
- Strong expertise in SQL
- Business and quantitative analysis experience using packages such as SAS/Python/R
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to adapt to change
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, proactive and results driven
- Highly energetic; ability to partner across business lines; a go-getter who seeks out information and does not wait for others to reach out
- Experience in scripting languages such as Java/Ruby/Perl.
- Experience in using large databases; conducting complex analysis languages as noted above
- Solving business problems through deep analytics
- Ability to see patterns in the data where others are unable to;
- Desire to use large databases and complex analysis to solve problems
- Ability to explain complex analysis results in an easy-to-understand language
- Advance skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to create conceptual frameworks enabling the analysis of varied business problems
B.S. in quantitative sciences, including statistics, computer science, engineering, Business with focus on analytics. M.S. in a similar discipline preferred.
Related Work Experience
- 5+ years experience solving business problems through analytics (with a Bachelor’s Degree) OR,
- 2+ years experience solving business problems through analytics (with a Masters Degree)
- Industry experience in Financial services, insurance or actuarial services or medical research perferred but not required
Charter Communications, Inc., is an American telecommunications and mass media company with services branded as Charter Spectrum. With over 26 million customers in 41 states, it is the second-largest cable operator in the United States by subscribers, just behind Comcast, and third-largest pay TV operator behind Comcast and AT&T. Charter is the fifth-largest telephone provider based on number of residential lines.
No. of Employees
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Charter Communications is currently hiring Senior Data Analyst Jobs in Stamford, CT, USA with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.