AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance, so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively supervising, analyzing, and optimizing sophisticated application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
What You'll Do
As a Data Science Manager, you will:
- Find opportunities to impact Cisco’s strategy, operations, and execution with data science insights
- Work with external and internal customers to define use cases and requirements for data science projects
- Lead complex analytics programs, working with multi-functional teams
- Be the problem-solver and catalyst that will help business teams make better decisions using Data and Analytics
- Bring an inter-disciplinary skillset of Applied Math, Technology and Business
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of data scientists
- Lead teams of data scientists/analysts to craft, build, and operationalize models using the latest in AI/ML techniques to deliver meaningful solutions
- Develop Data Products/Services across Descriptive, Inquisitive and Predictive Analytics to improve business processes and drive tangible business outcomes
- Guide the team to make the right technical trade-offs to meet long term/short-term business needs
- Above all, come with a curious mind and a passionate learning mentality
Who You'll Work With:
We are building an outstanding team of passionate, result oriented problem solvers with the aim of enabling better data-driven decisions and thereby creating business impact.
We operate as a startup: work hard, learn every single day, focus on doing measurable and impactful work; and have lots of fun along the way
Who You Are:
You thrive in a multi-tasking, rapid prototyping, and agile development environment.
You bring the ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions. Good interpersonal skills are an important part of what you bring to this role.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- BS/BA in an analytical or technical field (e.g. Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics, or Engineering). MBA or MS with a strong Quantitative focus preferred.
- 8+ years of industry experience in Advanced Analytics/Data science. Consulting experience (especially analytics consulting) a plus
- 5+ years of direct report leadership experience of analytical teams, with a record of producing successful data science solutions that deliver benefit to business
- You are skilled at defining problem statements, breaking down complex or fuzzy business problems into analytical questions, quantifying the impact to the business, synthesizing data to “tell the story,” and recommending solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and execute to aggressive timeline
- Passion for leadership/mentorship of team members
- Excellent statistical understanding and experience with ML algorithms including regression, clustering, classification, decision trees, time series forecasting, neural networks, deep learning, etc.
- Experience with Python, R, SQL languages in analytical contexts
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing, data warehousing, data integration, and ETL tools (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SAP HANA)
- Understanding of tools and infrastructure needed to support data science efforts. Bonus for cloud technologies e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Experience with visualization tools, e.g. D3, Angular, Shiny, Tableau, Qlik, Data Studio, etc
Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in San Jose, California, in the center of Silicon Valley. Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products.