Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Cloud Engineer located in Makati City, Philippines.
This position is part of the Cloud Engineering and Infrastructure and Subchapter responsible for executing designs and roadmaps developed by the Cloud and Infrastructure Architects. The individual will support the Cloud and Infrastructure Architects in solution definition, development, build, and test of major/minor infrastructure features and functionalities.
The successful candidate will have skills in design and DevOps, familiar with the SAFe Agile practice, capable of working with cross-service teams and have strong leadership, oral and communication skills.
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE
- Design Skill
- Utilize Azure for creation of design documentation for large applications with multiple integration points
- Consulting and troubleshooting skills for Tier 3 support in Azure platform
- Managing large scale migration projects and automation opportunities towards Azure
- Development skills
- Proficient in scripting (Linux/Unix shell scripts / PowerShell / Python, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in Infrastructure-as-Code, Configuration Management and Deployment tools (Ansible / Chef / Puppet / Terraform, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience in CI/CD tools and pipelines (Azure DevOps / Jenkins, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience in source code version control or GIT (GitHub / GitLab / Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with Linux or Windows operating system
- Leadership / Communication Skills
- Communicates clearly and tactfully
- Ability to breakdown complex challenges to accomplish larger objective
- Exhibits strong oral and written communication skills including group presentation, facilitation and training skills
- Strong teamwork behavior and must be willing to share knowledge with the team
- Familiarity with problem and incident management (RCA, Change management, etc.)
- Cross-service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of SAFe Agile Framework methodology
- Self-motivated and adaptable to learn all aspects of cloud administration
- Demonstrated capability of learning new technologies and procedures particularly new services from cloud providers
- Some 2021 Deliverables include:
- JDE platform migration to Azure platform
- Modernization of JDE application to leverage Azure services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business or related areas required
- Minimum of five (5) years Cloud Engineering experience is required
- Azure certification is a plus (AZ-104, AZ-300, AZ-500, etc.)
- It’s a plus to have familiarity with JDE architecture and related JDE products as well as interfaces with other related systems and underlying database technologies
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies and has been doing business in the Philippines for more than 100 years
- Chevron offers a competitive package and an opportunity to extend operational support for Chevron offices in five continents
- Chevron provides career development opportunities to all employees through onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and employee networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognized as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and a commitment to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron operates with the highest ethical standards and place the highest priority on the safety and health of its workforce and the protection of communities and the environment
- Chevron advocates work-life balance, promotes a healthy behavior in the workplace, and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- Chevron achieves operational resiliency thru the use of technology to enable employees to work from home amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
Recruitment Process and Onboarding during COVID 19 pandemic
HR initial phone screening, virtual processing for panel interview, job offer, medical assessment, onboarding and orientation.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron Corporation is an American multinational energy corporation. One of the successor companies of Standard Oil, it is headquartered in San Ramon, California, and active in more than 180 countries. Chevron is engaged in every aspect of the oil and natural gas industries, including hydrocarbon exploration and production; refining, marketing and transport; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation.