WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia seeks a Staff Machine Learning Engineer for the CNN.com department.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help us significantly scale how we experiment, build, and collaborate on ML-based data products. We are currently optimizing our first ML platform to help accelerate our experimentation and model production, and we would love for you to join us in making a huge impact on the overall organization.
Here’s some of the problems you’ll be helping us solve:
- The news cycle moves fast. What can we learn from readers’ engagement with breaking news to recommend writing or video which deepens their understanding?
- How can we create a virtuous recommender system which drives diversity in people’s reading habits?
- What’s the best way for a machine learning group to work closely with journalists and editors to keep our audience engaged and informed?
What You’ll Do
- Prototype and train new models to serve recommendations-oriented products for learning and experimentation
- Collaborate with other ML/Ops engineers to develop and improve core components, infrastructure and architecture of our ML Platform to train, deploy, and serve models at scale
- Author, test, review, and optimize production-level code in Python and Golang while executing best practices in version control and code integration
- Use and build upon open-source cloud computing technologies
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, product teams and other key stakeholders and drive ML projects from conception to completion
Who You Are
- You can design and build real time distributed systems for machine learning at scale.
- You have experience collaborating with data scientists, data engineers, backend engineers, and product stakeholders on machine learning products.
- You are excited about complex architecture/infrastructure for training, deploying, evaluating, and serving models, and finding ways to make all of it faster by using the latest technologies.
- You enjoy keeping up with the latest ML research but get more satisfaction from building things with real user impact.
- You understand the constraints of working with a growing team and thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and sometimes scrappy.
- You understand that serving a user-facing model comes with a set of restrictions and you know how to be creative to solve them.
- You can work independently when needed.
- You can contribute to multiple team projects simultaneously.
- You have a deep curiosity and are proactive in seeking innovative solutions to business problems.
- You are highly communicative with your team and collaborators.
- You have collaborated with others on a team to design and build web scale distributed system
Things You Should Know
- How to write robust code in Python, Golang or an equivalent modern programming language
- How to wrangle data - working with databases (relational or columnar), how to write SQL, how to work with a data pipeline, and other big data technologies and working with large data sets
- How to take a product problem and choose the right ML approach to prototype, evaluate, and tweak a solution quickly before taking it to production scale
- Commonly used machine learning frameworks (like Keras, PyTorch or TensorFlow) and libraries (like scikit-learn
Things You Might Know
- Experience with AWS and MLOps tools such as Sagemaker, MLFlow and Metaflow
- Experience with graph databases
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and container-orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform, Azure or a similar IaC (infrastructure-as-code) tool
- If you don’t know any of these, that’s OK- you’ll get the opportunity to learn them on the job once you join!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC, doing business as WarnerMedia, is an American multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate corporation owned by AT&T . It was originally formed in 1990 from the merger of Time Inc. and the original Warner Communications, and was formerly known as Time Warner during 1990–2001 and 2003–2018. The company has film, television and cable operations, with its assets including WarnerMedia Studios & Networks.
No. of Employees
30 Hudson Yards, Manhattan, New York, NY, USA