WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Analyst of Data Governance for the Data Intel & Op - HBO Max department. The Senior Analyst, Data Governance, with a primary goal of improving the availability and trust worthiness of data, will serve as a binding agent between data producers, engineers, data scientists, and knowledge workers across various parts of the HBO MAX organization. As a critical member of the Data Insights and Operations (DI&O) team, one will practice and influence through business, data, and technical acumen to prioritize, contextualize, and operationalize business requirements while ensuring architectural consistency of the underlying data platform.
Day to day administration of requests around data governance as part of the overall strategy of the organization is part of the practice operation. In addition, the basic knowledge of CCPA and GDPR practices and principals will be critical for the go forward operation.
Furthermore, he/she/they will partner with the engineering team(s) to device innovative approaches to implement data governance and data quality at-scale through the use of modern technology tools
- Partner with the various internal and external teams to align data governance objectives with business goals
- Administer day to day functions of governing restricted and sensitive data reports and sets for US and International audiences based on compliance and approvals
- Implement a framework to actively govern data in a big data environment, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organizational processes, people practices, governance metrics, and data architecture.
- Facilitate roles and responsibilities and collaboration mechanisms among stakeholders to ensure clear ownership of data assets
- Understand the technical commitments and ETL functions through querying and transformational logic
- Facilitate governance strategies around sensitive and restricted data sets for adherence to US and international policies
- Serve as a liaison between business functions and various parts of the analytics organization to ensure data needs are clearly defined, broken down into constituent elements, and evaluated against core governance principles, such as security and privacy and data quality
- Partner with data stewards to identify, capture, and democratize business-critical metadata through modern cataloging tools, such as Alation and/or Collibra
- Drive the development and implementation of data quality and data protection standards across relevant data domains
- Define metrics to measure the quality of data and overall effectiveness of the data governance program over time
- Partner with the data engineering and data science teams to experiment with the use of modern tools to implement data quality and governance at scale in a data lake environment
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience implementing data governance and data quality processes in a real-time big data environment, preferably in the media and entertainment industry
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Aspiration to understanding of data modelling techniques in its ability to drive data consistency
- Familiarity with data engineering, data science disciplines and the interplay between those disciplines
- Experience working with regulatory frameworks such as GDPR and CCPA and its implications on the analytics operations
- Strong business partner that can work within cross-functional teams and management
- Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree with a concentration in data is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) Snowflake, Looker, SQL/ETL a plus
- Occasional travel to the other offices as required
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC, doing business as WarnerMedia, is an American multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate corporation owned by AT&T . It was originally formed in 1990 from the merger of Time Inc. and the original Warner Communications, and was formerly known as Time Warner during 1990–2001 and 2003–2018. The company has film, television and cable operations, with its assets including WarnerMedia Studios & Networks.
No. of Employees
30 Hudson Yards, Manhattan, New York, NY, USA