Business Unit: Hitachi Vantara
Company Name: Hitachi Vantara Corporation
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara provides secure hyperscale public cloud migration and infrastructure management. Hitachi Vantara is an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, Google Premier Partner and recognized in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Service Providers.
We are seeking a strong Google Cloud Architect to join our talented team. Hitachi Vantara is able to support the entire cloud services life cycle for enterprise level organizations, delivering some of the world's largest automated solutions for secure, hyperscale, cloud infrastructure migration and management.
Our solutions allow data-driven businesses to unlock the elasticity and price-performance benefits of Google Cloud (GCP) and our experts deliver cloud and as-a-service expertise, extensive security DNA, big data, IoT and predictive analytics and machine learning expertise, so you can expect to work with the coolest technologies every day.
What you'll be doing
- Designing and implementing Virtual Private Cloud VPC environments, including compute, storage, database, networking, security etc. in the GCP ecosystem
- Designing the HA / DR strategies in the GCP ecosystem
- Leading technical teams through design and implementation of systems infrastructure projects and overseeing the build of Cloud environments based on customer requirements
- Validation to ensure that the environment meets all security and compliance controls
- Leveraging written and verbal communication skills to work directly with customers and translate business needs into technical requirements for implementation
- Google VPC implementation in a multi-zone model, containerization using Google Kubernetes Engine
What you bring to the team
- 5 years of direct experience working with a variety of enterprise and cloud technology systems, designing solutions, or developing business applications
- 3-5 years of GCP experience is required
- Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet or Ansible) and Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins preferred)
- Hands on Terraform experience
- 3 years of Python programming experience
- Knowledge of the GCP network architecture including designing VPN solutions between regions and subnets
- Knowledge with the GCP compute architecture including the development of machine templates and blueprints
- System/network administrator level knowledge of Linux/Unix or Windows systems
- Production experience to build scalable systems (load balancers, memcached, master/slave architectures)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
- Other Open Source tools used in the infrastructure space (Packer, Terraform, Vagrant, etc.)
- Experience migrating infrastructure and applications using Google Cloud Services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
Hitachi, Ltd. is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. It is the parent company of the Hitachi Group and had formed part of the Nissan zaibatsu and later DKB Group and Fuyo Group of companies before DKB and Fuji Bank merged into the Mizuho Financial Group.