Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
We believe that our company’s success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behaviors: Be human. Make it real. Think about tomorrow. These set the tone for Best Buy, along with our Rallying Cry: Let’s talk about what’s possible. Our supportive leaders collaborate with their teams through ongoing feedback and two-way dialogue to maintain a culture continual learning. All these factors combine to create an unbeatable experience for both customers and employees. If you like to have fun while you work, build confidence, and grow your career, you’ll fit right in.
The Decision Science and Analytics - People team is responsible for using Best Buy’s employee data to drive insights for our business partners. Our primary partners are the HR and Field teams, though our work touches all Best Buy employees.
As a Labor Analytics Decision Scientist, you will work with the Labor Planning to team to help optimize Best Buy’s labor planning processes and models, with the goal of creating a labor plan that effectively supports our employees, customers and business goals.
What will you do?
- Use data, analytics and industry knowledge to identify opportunity areas for labor optimization
- Use Best Buy’s robust labor planning data sets to help business partners better understand how Best Buy’s labor is being allocated today
- Use hypothesis based analytic and testing approaches to determine where labor could be better optimized
- Gather industry best practices from public and academic resources to supplement current labor planning methodologies
- Partner with the Labor Planning team to answer questions specific to Best Buy’s current labor processes, as well as potential enhancements
- Work side-by-side with the Labor Planning team to understand their – and our Field teams – current needs and pain points with regards to labor planning
- Provide ad hoc decision science support to questions coming from the Labor Planning and Field business teams
- Work as part of a cross-Data and Analytics COE team to bring enhancements to our labor planning processes to life
- Operate as part of a cross functional team of data scientists, decision scientists and machine learning scientists to take new enhancements from hypotheses to regular/repeatable business processes
- Understand data modeling and machine learning approaches to be an effective thought partner to members of those teams
- Incorporate new drivers into our Labor Planning tools – specifically around customers and employees
- Use current data and collaboration with business partners to identify potential additional drivers that could improve the efficacy of Best Buy’s labor planning for all relevant outcomes; customer, employee and financial
- Use analytics to identify drivers which will drive the highest increase in efficacy with the lowest increase in complexity
- For those potential drivers where data does not current exist, work with a cross-functional team to identify opportunities to develop new ways to capture data and incorporate into the labor planning process
- Four year bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, the physical sciences, computer science, or similar field with quantitative rigor
- 3 years or more experience in retail, analytics, business, or related area
- 2 years or more experience applying analytical techniques to answer business questions or scientific questions
- 2 years or more experience in computer programming, SAS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau, and/or Power BI
Auto Req. ID800709BR
Best Buy Co., Inc. is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. Originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music, it was rebranded under its current name with an emphasis on consumer electronics in 1983.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Best Buy is currently hiring Labor Analytics Decision Scientist Jobs in Richfield, MN, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.