The Cybersecurity Engineer will work with a team of information security professionals to protect Best Buy’s intellectual property and customer information. They plan, conduct, and direct the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. They analyze, design, plan, and integrate multiple security platforms into existing infrastructure, enhancing our enterprise security posture.
The Cybersecurity Engineer role will involve:
- Security platform capacity planning and lifecycle management
- Security platform integration planning and engineering
- Provide direction and mentorship to junior team members
- Responsible for resolving issues with high complexity and high business impact
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction in existing and future capabilities
- Partners closely with security architects on capability design/implementation
- Responsible for the management of complex, enterprise-wide security platforms
- Contributing to the configuration and maintenance of security operations controls such as antimalware, application whitelisting, Host Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS), Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Security Orchestration and Automation Platforms
- 10+ years of experience working with Windows platforms and Linux platforms, or a combination of the two equaling 10+ years.
- 3+ years of experience with programming and scripting languages such as/but not limited to C#, Python, & Java
- 3+ years of experience in a Security Operations function
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP networking stack and network IDS technologies
- Exposure to DevOps technologies like GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack, or similar is a strong plus
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
- Previous experience implementing enterprise security solutions
- Hands on experience in Elasticsearch ELK stack- Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash, REST API integration
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, initiative, eagerness to learn and improve
- Ability to work independently within a team structure
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Strong customer focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, provide a superior customer experience and build long-term relationships
- Security Engineering experience in either AWS, Azure, or GCP
- One or more of the following industry certifications: SSCP, CISSP, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH
Auto Req. ID798625BR
Best Buy Co., Inc. is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. Originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music, it was rebranded under its current name with an emphasis on consumer electronics in 1983.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Best Buy is currently hiring Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs in Richfield, MN, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.