We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of customers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores or invite us into their homes. We do this by solving technology problems and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communicating with coworkers and loved ones, preparing nutritious food, providing security for your home and family, and helping you take your health to the next level.
As a Senior Machine Learning Scientist, you’ll take the lead researching, developing, and applying cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to build innovative technologies, services, and products that solve the company's hardest problems and accelerate Best Buy's core growth. In this role you will combine your strong software engineering skills and deep knowledge of ML and AI algorithms to architect, develop, and operationalize models, algorithms, and production quality codebases that form the core engines that unleash the next generation of customer experiences and transform the way Best Buy operates day-to-day.
Join us if you want to spend your time:
- Developing highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning techniques such as new derivatives of the Transformer model and multi-headed self-attention, Bayesian optimization, and stochastic dynamic graphs to build products related to personalization, forecasting, healthcare, cybersecurity, etc
- Applying software engineering skills to develop and deploy solutions that can scale to millions of requests per second with millisecond latency
- Utilizing broad and deep knowledge of machine learning and software engineering to contribute to the roadmap of Best Buy’s core machine learning capabilities
- Building real products that influence and enhance the lives of millions of people and drive and deliver tens of millions of dollars in impact to Best Buy’s bottom line
- Bachelor's degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Operations Research, etc) or equivalent experience
- Strong machine learning and algorithmic background with a deep understanding of at least one of the following areas: supervised and unsupervised learning methods, reinforcement learning, deep learning, Bayesian inference, graphical modeling, or nonlinear/stochastic optimization
- 4 years of experience building ML and/or AI driven products or other similar related functions (e.g. software engineering, data science, advanced analytics). Advanced degrees in relevant fields may be counted towards experience requirements.
- Fluency with at least one data science/analytics programming language (e.g. Python, R, Julia)
- Strong software design and implementation skills with a general-purpose programming language (e.g. Scala, Swift, C++/C#, Java, Haskell, etc)
- Master's degree or Ph.D in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Operations Research, etc)
- Experience using high performance machine learning libraries and/or deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, RAPIDs, etc)
- Experience building distributed data processing pipelines (e.g. Apache Spark, Apache Beam)
- Experience building scalable distributed products to implement batch, real-time, and streaming machine learning products
- Strong functional programming development skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to a wide spectrum of cross-functional team members
Auto Req. ID769078BR
Best Buy Co., Inc. is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. Originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music, it was rebranded under its current name with an emphasis on consumer electronics in 1983.