Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A typical day for the Risk Analyst will include: Risk Analysts are highly motivated team players with self-learning ability who specialize in creating, driving and executing initiatives to mitigate fraud patterns while improving the customer’s experience for the PayPal’s hundreds of millions of customers. The day to day job involves identifying fraud patterns based on analysis of huge data sets, creating mitigations to prevent fraud on PayPal’s customers and adapting advanced proprietary fraud prevention mechanisms to enable PayPal’s growth. The risk analyst work with a wide verity of partners in the company such as product experts, developers, data scientists and engineers to bring their analytical insights to life. The ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical skills suited to approach varied challenges in complex big data environments. Risk Analysts will be required to drive solutions from start to finish, have a strong sense of accountability coupled with passion for a great customer experience.
Deliver decision strategies
- Develop data-driven decision strategies to support the business’ global financial goals, monitor their impact and adjust it according to the dynamic world we operate in.
- Work with PayPal’s detailed business data to optimize performance and minimize financial loss across multiple products, global regions and financial systems.
Drive End-to-End processes with partners across many organizations
- Plan and execute long-term projects from start to finish.
- Drive partners from across the company to help in executing process.
- Think and execute product requests to help Risk achieve their goals of reducing fraud losses and improving customers’ experience.
Support Product and Business Organizations
- Guide the development of customer-facing products to enhance the PayPal experience around the world.
- Work to improve user experience in PayPal’s products while maintaining high Risk decision accuracy.
- Act as Risk’s point of contact for products launches, represent Risk’s point of view and make sure PayPal products are launched with Risk capabilities that meets our high standards.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Works independently and proficiently. Accountable for own results. Reviews are mainly for consultation and sharing ideas.
- Works on multiple assignments simultaneously and in all areas of a standard project in the area of responsibility.
- Focuses primarily on how to achieve overall analytic objectives of a project with speed and quality.
- Suggests ideas for operational plans and objectives.
- Clear subject matter expert within group / geography.
- Mentors junior data scientists.
- Identify typical problems and issues during normal course of work and take proactive actions to solve them with minimum guidance. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Impact of decision has moderate to large reach.
- High proficiency in fundamental technical skills (experience with SQL /Tableau/programming/scripting language)
- Has solid knowledge of internal and external business processes and data, systems and flows, as well as analytic tools, processes, and methodologies, solutions do the job with a high level of proficiency and quality.
- Has a solid understanding of EServ financial outcomes, initiatives, strategies, and future directions, as well as organization structures to be able to see the big picture, connect the dots, and navigate organization structures with relative ease.
- Has some basic understanding of business and finance in the context of the PayPal business.
- Developing expertise in one area.
Behaviors and Communication:
- Offers insight for and contributes to improving existing technology, tools, processes, and business solutions. Adds value to brainstorming sessions.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills on a broad set of technical topics. Presents effectively to peers. Asks open-ended questions.
- Communicates effectively on general business issues.
- Interfaces primarily with immediate project teams to ensure analytic quality of deliverables.
- BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent professional work experience.
- 8+ years related professional experience, Master’s degree and 6+ years related professional work experience (e.g. Decision scientist, risk management, data analyst, statistician, data scientist, FP&A, product/process manager )
- Excellent spoken and written English – a must
- 3+ years work experience in risk management – preferred
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating an online payments system in the majority of countries that support online money transfers, and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.