Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming
Who are we and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest therapy service. We set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling: anytime, anywhere. To date, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than 1,000,000 people. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over 5,000,000 messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions that help people face life’s challenges.
- We’re taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data-driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our members.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our team’s well-being and professional development because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!
What are we looking for?
BetterHelp is looking for a smart, ambitious and technical leader to join our rapidly growing Data team. You will be responsible for data that is used for business, product, marketing, and broad company analytics. You will own the entire data life cycle. You will develop systems to gather, transform, and surface the data to multiple data consumers via our business intelligence and analytics tools. You will work closely with data analysts and scientists and develop a deep understanding of the core business objectives. You will support the productionization of machine learning pipelines and data science initiatives.
What will you do?
- Manage, develop, maintain, optimize our ETL/ELT
- Manage, develop, maintain, optimize our data warehouse
- Manage, develop, maintain, optimize our BI tools
- Manage, develop, maintain, optimize our ML pipelines
- Work with billions of rows of data
- Work with product managers, marketers, business stakeholders so they have the right data and building strong data trust and governance
- Be a leader and mentor on this fast growing team
- Enjoy great teamwork, have lots of fun, and take pride in building a world-class product that makes a difference on people's lives
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about runway, cash left, or how much time we have until the next round. We have the startup DNA but we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your job. You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- BSc/MA in technical discipline, computer science or mathematics
- Data Warehouse experience
- 3+ years' experience
- ETL/ELT experience
- SQL Expert
- Python experience
- Comfortable in a CLI
Bonus (great to have but not required):
- Looker experience
- AWS experience
- Snowflake experience
- R or other statistical language
- B2C experience
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks program
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every day
BetterHelp is an online portal that provides direct-to-consumer access to mental health services. The online counseling and therapy services are provided through web-based interaction as well as phone and text communication.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
BetterHelp is currently hiring Senior Data Engineer Jobs in Mountain View, CA, USA with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.