Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming
Who are we and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest therapy service. We set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling: anytime, anywhere. To date, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than 1,000,000 people. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over 5,000,000 messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions that help people face life’s challenges.
- We’re taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data-driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our members.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our team’s well-being and professional development because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!
What are we looking for?
BetterHelp is looking for a Senior Product Data Analyst / Data Scientist to help us scale and increase our impact. You will use data to drive insight into the product and business with a focus on new user growth, retention and quality. The ideal candidate would have experience analyzing large and complex data sets related to web products. You'll be doing plenty of experiment design and post-hoc analysis, both to support product improvements and business decisions, as well as setting up infrastructure and frameworks for more efficient analysis.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the product team and development team to design effective A/B tests.
- Be the go-to person for product data tracking questions for our engineers
- Monitor and analyze several A/B tests with statistical rigor, present the data and insights to the team and drive product decisions.
- Slice and dice an enormous amount of data to gain insight on how to improve our products.
- Look at complex problems and come up with testable models and algorithms to optimize the platform.
- Develop theories that can be explored with analysis to help us improve.
- Set up BI tools and regular reporting services and interfaces.
- Live and breathe SQL.
- Enjoy great teamwork, have lots of fun, and take pride in building a world-class product that makes a difference on people's lives.
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about runway, cash left, or how much time we have until the next round. We have the startup DNA but we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your job. You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- BSc/MA in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Math, Economics, or Engineering
- At least 1 year of experience in a quantitative data analysis role involving user behavior (e.g. marketing, product) and large data sets
- Proven success supporting or making business decisions based on your data analysis
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, especially as it relates to hypothesis testing
- Expert in using tools like R and Python for data analysis
- Experience analyzing A/B tests
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau and Looker
- Experience analyzing large and complex data sets to drive business insights and decisions
- Great grasp of numbers with love for data and analytics, knowledge of statistics
- Excellent communication (oral and written), attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
Bonus (great to have but not required):
- Experience building predictive models
- Experience with b2c, market place products
- Experience in or supporting a growth team
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks program
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every day
BetterHelp is an online portal that provides direct-to-consumer access to mental health services. The online counseling and therapy services are provided through web-based interaction as well as phone and text communication.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
BetterHelp is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in Mountain View, CA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.