Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to develop descriptive, predictive, or prescriptive analytics to make sense of structured and unstructured data.
- Knowledge of cloud/virtual content architectures, data standards & workflows, and best practices.
- Experience in data modeling (ERWin/PowerDesigner) or others, information flow (Visio)/ transactional process analysis, business methods, and performance measurements techniques (Data Analytics & presentation tools (such as Tableau)).
- Strong oral, writer, and presentation skills. Involved in the development of complex SQL queries and scripts for use in Ad Hoc Reports, analysis of data quality, and data manipulation within an Oracle database.
- Strong data analytical skills and experience with the ability to communicate clearly is required.
- Experience in genetic algorithms, logistic and linear regression, PCA, decision tree analysis and statistical methods.
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends.
- Familiarity with working on Agile projects.
- Experience with data transport and transformation APIs and technologies such as JSON, XML, XSLT, JDBC, SOAP and REST.
- Experience with Cloud-based data analysis tools including Hadoop, Acumulo, Hive, Impala, Pig, Spark, Tensorflow, and similar.
- Experience with visual analytic tools like Microsoft Pivot, Palantir, or Visual Analytics. Experience with open source textual processing such as Lucene, Sphinx, Nutch or Solr.
- Experience with entity extraction and conceptual search technologies such as LSI, LDA, etc.
- Experience with machine learning, algorithm analysis, and data clustering.
EDUCATION / TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Relevant Data Scientist / Architect / Engineering Professional credentials, academic certification, and /or training
- Prefer or more of these certifications: INCOSE, ITIL, CISSP, Agile
- Familiarity with working on SAFe agile projects
Peraton’s has an opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist.
The position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD. Remote location my be considered.
This position requires an active/current fully adjudicated DoD Secret clearance to be considered
- Involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data, including latent semantic indexing (LSI), entity identification and tagging, supervised learning, classification, anomaly detection, regression and the application of these algorithms on cloud-based infrastructure.
- Exercises creativity in applying non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases visualized through multi-dimensional interfaces.
- Handle processing and index requests against large volume data.
- Has the ability to make discoveries in the world of big data.
- Requires strong technical and computational skills - engineering, physics, mathematics, coupled with the ability to code design, develop, and deploy sophisticated applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques and utilizing high-performance computing environments.
- Has the ability to utilize advance tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Experience with software development, either an open-source enterprise software development stack (Java/Linux/Python).
- End-to-end model lifecycle - conception, development, training, enhancement, deployment, and retraining.
- Participates as a member of a Data Engineering Team supporting one or more Agile application teams.
- Works collaboratively with the Application and Infrastructure teams, including architects, developers and testers, to ensure project success.
For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $93,496.00
Colorado Salary Maximum:$199,846.40
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees.
At Peraton, we're at the forefront of delivering the next big thing every day. We're the partner of choice to help solve some of the world's most daunting challenges, delivering bold, new solutions to keep people around the world safer and more secure.