The Data Science team at Xandr is responsible for driving algorithmic product innovation across the company. Our projects underlie major features for both buyers and sellers on our platform, as well as the marketplace design for our ad exchange itself. We combine elements of theory with the practical tools and techniques for exploring vast quantities of data, all with the aim of designing effective algorithms to achieve product goals. Data Science partners closely with Engineering, Product, and Data Analytics to ensure that our solutions are solving the right business problem, are scaling as needed, and are achieving the expected results for our clients.
As a team, we have diverse set of backgrounds (math, physics, engineering, operations research, statistics, econometrics, political science) and a spectrum of credentials (about half have PhDs). Our culture centers on collaborating, continuously learning and teaching, and producing effective solutions for our users, whether they rely on elegant theory or on simple heuristics and empirical evidence. We love that our contributions further Xandr’s position as a pioneer and thought leader in the AdTech industry, but we measure our efforts based on the impact and value we create for our clients and internal teammates.
The Data Scientist role is perfect for someone who is passionate about combining deep technical understanding, broad domain knowledge, and creative problem-solving skills to design products that make a measurable impact for our users.
About the job:
- Use machine learning techniques, visualizations, statistical analysis, etc. to gain insight into various data sets – some of which are readily available, and some of which you create and curate yourself
- Participate in the full lifecycle of algorithm-based feature development: researching and designing solutions, running tests with clients and performing deep analyses to understand results, implementing scalable solutions in production environments, and monitoring platform-wide impact
- Collaborate with team members, both to build out specific projects and to continuously teach and learn new technology and techniques
- Communicate findings and solutions clearly to a variety of audiences, e.g. writing clear, comprehensive specs for engineers or explaining algorithmic concepts to product managers
- Actively seek out a broad understanding of the Xandr platform and products, and align design efforts with that context
- Work independently with minimal supervision but high accountability
About your skills and experience:
- PhD in a relevant quantitative field, or 1-3 years relevant applied research or industry experience
- Basic programming experience – we primarily use Python and SQL, but you may have experience in R, MATLAB, or another language
- Experience with machine learning techniques is a plus
- Proven excellence at formulating, understanding, and solving complex, non-routine quantitative problems
- Aptitude for learning new theory and new technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on attitude toward problem-solving, including a willingness to dig into terabytes of data and quickly construct tools or models
- Ability to work in a highly interactive, collaborative, fluid environment
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You are relentless when looking for solutions to complex problems, and your grit serves you well when analyzing and debugging the root cause of unexpected results
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Job ID 2109695X Date posted 02/23/2021
AT&T Inc. is an American multinational conglomerate holding company, Delaware-registered but it is headquartered at Whitacre Tower in Downtown Dallas, Texas. It is the world’s largest telecommunications company, and the second largest provider of mobile telephone services.
No. of Employees
Whitacre Tower, South Akard Street, Dallas, Texas, United States