Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Life and Retirement working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the premier provider of protection, investment, and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security. We believe that our success depends on building a world-class team.
The company is seeking a highly motivated Sr. BI Reporting & Data Specialist to support the AIG Financial Distributors Sales organization. The employee must be passionate about data and is responsible for BI reporting for the sales distribution organization which includes compiling and analyzing historical data from various systems to provide actionable information and recommendations to the management team. They will be working as an individual contributor while reporting to the Sales business organization and coordinating with other involved functional & technical areas. The employee will have a significant impact on the department’s future Data Strategy and Reporting road map.
- Work closely with functional and business areas to translate business needs into technical specifications for reporting, analytics, and other IT data integration projects.
- Possess very strong knowledge of enterprise data modeling techniques, data structures, handling multiple fact/dimension tables. Understand insurance business and build optimized data models for reporting and analytics using Cognos framework manager, Qlikview, and Power BI.
- Triage a wide range of data issues, perform research & analysis required to determine root cause, and work with the IT and Business teams for remediation. Must be able to perform data mapping from the data source to report, troubleshoot SQL code, and maintain a deep understanding of data and information resources.
- Assist in complex data analysis studies and data requests from various stakeholders and delivery on time to support key business decision making.
- Responsible for the design, development, and deployment of Cognos Report Studio reports supporting standard reporting & self-service reporting. Collaborate with stakeholders to define the database layer and business layer of the BI Model that is user-friendly and supports a self-service reporting environment.
- Support in department’s long-term data and analytics strategy road map to establish a robust BI & Data Visualization platform. Assist in migration of Qlikview dashboards to Power BI dashboards.
- Design and develop advanced, data models, data visualizations, performance metrics, and analytical dashboards using Qlikview & Power BI that turn data concepts into effective visual communication to support key business decisions for all senior executives.
- Excellent knowledge building Power BI reports, dashboards, and App development. Ingesting data from numerous corporate data sources and performing required transformations in the Power BI query editor using a mixture of UI-based tools, writing M code and DAX queries.
- Collaborate with various sales managers, business users, and IT team on various projects and deliver on time. Assist in QA, UAT of IT project deployments, reconciliation and, data quality efforts. Mentor IT developers on various data integration & reporting projects as needed to meet business requirements.
- Provide technical solutions to automatic and reduce manual efforts of business users to help better perform their job.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving abilities, with the ability to communicate ideas precisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to conduct training, document business processes and system procedures.
Job Skills: Required
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- 7+ years of job-related experience.
- Experience in SDLC processes, data analysis, writing and debugging SQL queries, working with various relational databases such as Snowflake, MS SQL, and Oracle.
- Strong experience in developing complex reports using IBM Cognos Analytics Report Studio & strong knowledge of Cognos Framework manager.
- Proficient in building Power BI reports, writing DAX and M queries.
- Knowledge of Qlikview dashboard development, Qlikview Scripting, and Set analysis
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud CRM and experience querying data from Salesforce using SOQL query is a plus.
- Strong proficiency using advanced Excel functions to manipulate and visualize data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft o365 productivity tools such as Power Flow, Power Automate, etc is a plus.
- Must possess strong skills and experience in oral and written communications, including analysis documentation, and application and system specifications.
- Act as an individual contributor with minimal supervision. Ability to multi-task and maintain work quality in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience working in the insurance field or financial services sector.
What our employees like most about working for AIG
- We care about your professional development. Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation.
- Our “Giving Back” policy is at the core of our daily operations and guides our future progress. Don’t believe us? We put our money where our mouth is! AIG, will give you up to 16 hours a year paid time off to volunteer in the community.
- Our people are our most important asset therefore we provide a generous benefits plan and competitive pay. Benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance). We offer 24 PTO days to start. YES, 24! 9 paid holidays per calendar year.
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan which will be HARD TO BEAT. Our 401K - $1 for $1 match up to 6% with immediate vesting, plus AIG automatically contributes an additional 3% in to your 401K regardless of if you enroll or not.
American International Group - AIG
American International Group, Inc., also known as AIG, is an American multinational finance and insurance corporation with operations in more than 80 countries. The company operates through three core businesses: General Insurance, Life & Retirement, and a standalone technology-enabled subsidiary. AIG's corporate headquarters are in New York City and the company also has offices around the world. AIG serves 87% of the Fortune Global 500/2000.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
American International Group - AIG is currently hiring Data Specialist Jobs in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.