Degree in Computer Engineering
Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise focused on delivering the next generation data engineering solutions. The team will be responsible for experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging best in class Machine Learning techniques, processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized card member experience and to drive profitable growth for the organization.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. Centric to it is Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies to deliver innovative solutions across multiple business units.
• Support the Compliance and Operations Risk big data delivery team in India to lead and assist in the design and actual development of applications.
• Responsible for specific functional areas within the team, this involves project management and taking business specifications.
• The individual should be able to independently run projects/tasks delegated to him.
• Responsible for analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of system applications.
• Develop and maintain project related documentation,
• Provide system support and user support/training/communication for implemented applications.
Leverage best in class Big Data engineering techniques, to provide highly personalized card member experience, thereby driving profitable growth for the organization.
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
• Personalized user experience
• Design and deliver innovative big data solutions across multiple business units
• Identify and adopt new technologies to enhance user experience and predict future challenges
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent OR Master’s in Computer Applications or equivalent
· At least 5 years of total IT experience
· Advanced knowledge of Splunk (Searching and reporting, Creating Splunk Knowledge Objects - fields, look ups, Data Model, Summary Index etc, Creating dashboards and Views etc)
· Advanced knowledge of Python (as lots of python scripts to be maintained and re-engineered)
Nice to have:
· Amex domain knowledge on Triumph (AR), Loyalty, USMR etc. mostly on the key Card Member & Transaction data
· Previous experience of production support.
· Basic knowledge of Big Data (Hive, Spark, Hadoop), Unix & shell programming & Java
· Good communication skill (as we need to interact with multiple external applications & teams)
· Some basic level of idea about planning, scheduling, quality (maintaining coding standard)
· Web-service integration, soap and REST API experience.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Shift timing - 1:30 PM - 10:00 PM (Mon to Wed), Thurs & Fri - 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 6, 2021, 2:35:04 AM
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly striving to uphold our powerful backing promise to our customers and each other every day.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
California, United States
District of Columbia, United States
Florida, United States
New York, United States
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Texas, United States
Utah, United States
Virginia, United States
Washington, United States
Sunrise, FL, USA
New York, NY, USA
New York, NY, USA
New York, NY, USA