You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation appsY and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
Our Business Intelligence Architects know that technology has the power to drive a successful business to the top or into the ground. So, if you can enhance the technology that enhances business value, make strategic decisions, and get all the pieces to work together, you’ll fit right in here.
Facilitates the performance optimization of Lines of Businesses or a business unit by improving the digital intelligence base and data-centric insights between business products, processes and information technology. Responsible for maintaining the knowledge base of domain business intelligence capabilities by business information and processes within assigned portfolio. Supports vertical or horizontal technology & product teams to facilitate inteliigence-based solutions for business value supporting the enterprise architectural vision. Adds to end to-end business process mapping for business products and capabilities.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Provides end-to-end business process and technical expertise during problem resolution or preventative maintenance measures
- Solid grasp of lean process improvement principals
- Undertakes data quality assessments by performing and defining quality rating measurement and analysis on key changes
- Develops data compliance and data quality best practices and framework for data compliance
- Expert in Tableau, MS Excel, MySQL, Power BI, DB2, R, PostgreSQL, Python and/or MS Excel
- Leads the investigation (root cause analysis) and resolution of problems
- Interacts and manages relationship with partner teams and organizations
- Regularly communicates the status overall acquisitions portfolio, preventative solutions and resolutions to the Business Architect and Data Management Director
- Will be required to work in conjunction with Director of Portfolio Management and Solution Management to resolve problems/incidents and ensure that best practices relating to preventative maintenance are communicated and understood within the acquisitions value stream
- Understanding of SDLC Methodologies and Practices, EBA and SAFe
- Agile System/Platform Domain Knowledge
- Delivers the compilation of portfolio-level status reporting
- Provides technical and administrative support and assistance to Product Management resources in the update and maintenance of system.
- Provides administration support in portfolio-level risks/issues and change control procedures
- Interacts with product and technology groups in order to provide mentorship on Portfolio & Business Management processes and associated system usage
- Understands and maintains the architectural vision by partnering with the product, engineering and stakeholders to align on the business outcomes, business goals, strategic business drivers and business capabilities of the assigned portfolio
- Maintains an existing business architecture framework by :
- Working with Product Owners to understand the strategy and vision for the product, potential impacts and opportunities in the environment
- Documenting and analyzing the gaps of the baseline and target business architecture using best in class techniques and tools at the right level of detail and decomposition/abstraction
- Producing work objects and work you’re doing that add to the POA roadmap and migration plan
- Maintaining industry standard business models and other business architecture outputs throughout their creation and subsequent refresh cycles
- Tracks the solution development path ensuring contributions to the target architecture by:
- Maintaining business process maps and functions for the supporting technology objects, (applications, platforms, components)
- Maintaining active involvement with the projects within scope and being a reviewer of project envisioning/analysis documents, ensuring that the development plans align with the portfolio and enterprise level architecture strategy
- Responsible for how the engineered environment will meet specifications in terms of business requirements, application design and infrastructure requirements
- Works with Senior Business Intelligence Architects, Directors, and Staff Architects to ensure application development aligns to the strategy
- Performs business process modeling
Range of Impact/Influence
- Advanced subject matter knowledge of the Engineering operation, Data structuring & architecture business processes, platform/applications
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting the business strategy within the supported portfolio.
- The Senior Business Architect II may work at a Line of Business, business unit engineering or product level.
- Responsible for creating or validating business intellignence capabilities and opportunities
5+ years of technical analysis, digital engineering, data structuring or related field, business intelligence and data visualization in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Experience in multiple technology disciplines in a business environment with a shown understanding of architectural concepts (business, data, and application), issues and trends
- Experience using a systems analysis and design methodology, and a deep understanding of industry trends and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Statistics, or a related field, Master degree is a plus
- Relative certifications such ad Tableau, Kibana, Power BI, TOGAF, BAIP, CSM, PMP, SSBB or software related certification are a plus
- Expert at MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI, and DB2, R, PostgeSQL, and/or Pyhton
- Skills with HTML, CSS, JasvaScript or React is a plus
- Consummate Team player and learner
- Skills in graphic design is a plus (Adobe Creative Suite)
High Performance Behaviors:
- Demonstrates consulting skills and ability to influence at the peer and Director level across BU’s, Portfolios, and Platforms
- Performs quality business intelligence architecture modeling of the organization
- Functional/Service Capability, Business Process, Business Data/Information, and Geographical Context
- Understands the enterprise strategy process from business strategy definition through Technology platform definition
- Works with business partners to document principles, goals and strategic drivers of the organization
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge across multiple business and technical environments, covering a wide-range of business functions and capabilities
- Demonstrates advance ability to solve highly complex problems
- Demonstrates advance knowledge and ability to implement process improvement, automation, and intelligence creation
- Advanced Business Architecture skills with general familiarity of architecture disciplines, including business architecture, information architecture, application architecture and technical architecture.
- Basic to advanced level knowledge and understanding of business architecture, applications systems design and integration with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies
- Familiarity of API economy and ecosystem design patterns and principles
- Process reengineering training and basic experience (Six-Sigma, LEAN, etc)
- Advanced skills in relevant industry standard Modeling Languages and Tools (UML [both Structural and Behavioral views], BPMN, BPEL, etc.)
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2021, 5:21:36 PM
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly striving to uphold our powerful backing promise to our customers and each other every day.