Respondology is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our ad tech startup on the rise. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to make significant contributions at a growth-stage startup making a difference in the world.
Respondology is a digital marketing company on a mission to eradicate hate, abuse and spam from social media. We work with consumer brands, sports teams and leagues around the world to hide toxic comments, hateful attacks, protect their brand equity and investments in social media. At Respondology, We Leverage Technology for Good.
This role is responsible for supporting the data engineering efforts behind our platform, data science, machine learning, and A.I. initiatives. You will be tasked with turning data into actionable insights & recommendations, developing data within our product, scalability solutions, and telling the story of what happened. The ideal candidate will have experience in digital marketing data infrastructure, an understanding of cloud databasing systems, and have a deep working knowledge of data pipeline tools, ETL processes, and implementation strategies.
You will play a significant role in generating and maintaining solid, accurate, and automated data pipelines that feed our current data products and facilitate the development of new tools and processes. This position is designed for a person interested in a hands-on role of maintaining our data warehouse, data pipeline infrastructure, and who is looking to have significant insight and impact on the development of internal marketing data products. No two days will be the same.
You will be joining a talented team who likes to have fun but takes their engineering work seriously. If you are interested in making an impact on a rapidly-scaling start-up that is making a difference in the world—we’d love to hear from you!
Remote Role: If you do not live in our beautiful state of Colorado, we are open to 100% remote candidates in most states.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong understanding of data generation, ingestion, orchestration, transformation, storage, and governance
- Proven experience in transforming raw data into actionable data sets for stakeholders through efficient, repeatable, and reliable processes.
- Ability to lead efforts in establishing standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices for a growing software engineering department.
- Experience with one or more major cloud platforms - Azure/AWS/GCP
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Has a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven strong communicator and team collaborator
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects, prioritize tasks, work independently, and deliver high-quality results within tight deadlines.
- Motivated, resourceful, and attentive; especially for remote work candidates.
- Has a thirst for knowledge
- Possesses a sense of humor! The drier the better
A Day in the Life
- Discuss pipeline solutions with product owners and client teams to help drive continued product innovation, capability, and performance
- Identify key risks in current pipeline and create mitigation plans to ensure continual data flows are achieved with minimal downtimes
- Attend a stand-up meeting with software engineers, data scientists and product managers to provide updates, understand priorities and inform of any blockers that may disrupt your work.
- Work closely with your colleagues to define a new ETL data requirement and pipeline from our raw data sets.
- Encounter a new anomaly in our raw data sets due to behavioral changes from people posting on the major social networks
- Work on new data models that will support features in our product line.
- Have focus time during the day to sink your mind into your work.
Here's what you need to get our attention
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree - or equivalent work experience: If you have a four-year degree, that's great; we care more about your past experience and ability to do the job, so please apply even if you don't have a degree
- Minimum 3 years as a Data Engineer
- Minimum 3 years experience with Python, Java, or Scala
- Minimum 3 years experience in Big Data Technologies like Spark, Spark SQL, PySpark
Here's what will make us call you for sure
- Familiarity with the major social media platforms and their APIs
- Experience with natural language processing and machine learning
- Experience with Sentiment Analysis
- Experience with AWS for Data Engineering
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience in mentoring other engineers in data best practices
- You have an approachable yet professional personality, you communicate well and can articulate a point within a complex issue.
- You have experience working at a tech startup
- You can discuss your experiences as a Data Engineer and your motivation to be great at what you do
Base Salary: $115,000-$135,000 DOE plus equity
And if we haven't convinced you yet, here is why you'll want to be part of our team:
- We have top-notch engineering culture with team members who have your back!
- 100% remote or you may come into our beautiful offices if you’re near Boulder, CO where dogs are welcome and our in-house happy hours are always fun.
- Time off is as important as hard work! Salaried employees are on a Flex PTO plan
- Generous holidays including a reduced schedule between Christmas and New Year’s.
- We make sure our team is well cared for with strong health
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts Plan
- Matching traditional and Roth 401k
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental leave: self-care and family first!
- Life Insurance
COME AS YOU ARE: your gender, your gods, your sex life, your skin color or your big shot uncle don't make a difference here. Respondology is a progressive and open-minded meritocracy. If you're smart and good at what you do, come as you are.
$115,000k-$135,000k DOE plus equity
Respondology enables brands of all types to regain control of their presence in social media by immediately and discreetly removing damaging social comments and bots across Paid, Organic and Influencer Social Marketing.