Senior Data Engineer
Kpler exists to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we've built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Your future position:
In April 2022, Kpler acquired JBC Energy, a well-regarded data & analytic business specialized in energy and commodities. Strong with more than 20 years of experience in market analysis, forecasting, and commodities knowledge, the JBC Energy data ecosystem is vibrant.
Working closely with Product Managers, Designers, and fellow Engineers. You will contribute to a seamless restructuration and delivery of those data. You will also take ownership of the Prices module, covering both Freight & Commodity prices and currently used by Kpler users and internal crews.
In this team, your mission is to:
- Own different pipelines and make sure the data is flowing consistently and efficiently
- Work closely with the Product Manager and stakeholders to understand their challenges from a product and technical perspective
- Re-design the system (infrastructure + software) to address the challenges you identified
- Translate into actionable technical features that fit into the team roadmap
- Implement features following highest software design standards
- Strong knowledge of software engineering system quality attributes (observability, maintainability, reliability, security etc)
- Proficient with any of : Python, Java, C#, C++
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases modeling
- Proven track of dealing and refactoring complex legacy system
- Understand the challenges of data pipeline design (data availability, consistency, lineage, etc)
- Experience with Excel and VBA scripting
It will be even better if you know:
- Experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Luigi, etc)
- Have some experience with infrastructure related work
What you will receive from Kpler:
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
- You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 10 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore, Greece, Germany and Cyprus!), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
- We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work hybrid or onsite
- You will get a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
And you REALLY want to join our Engineering team because:
- Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialised and quite complex! This means we build real algorithms and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
- Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand-new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
- We are at the cross-road of Software Engineering, Commodity, Energy and Finance. This creates an interesting cultural mix: We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture brings but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
- Team of 85+ talented Engineers working with the most modern tech stack
- Recruiter Screen: 30 minute video interview with a recruiter from hiring team
- Hiring Manager Interview: 45 minute exchange with one of our Engineering Managers from the dedicated team
- Technical Exercise: Take home technical exercise
- Exercise Debrief: 1 hour debrief to review the completed exercise
- Meet the Team: An opportunity to see the fit and get to know your potential future team!
- Be humble - We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
- Respect and care for others - We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
- Take responsibility - We take ownership of our actions.
- Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
- Be bold - We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Kpler is a fast-growing data and analytics firm on a mission to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade, to meet the changing needs of our world. From numerous disparate and unstructured sources, Kpler creates data & analytics enabling market professionals to make informed and timely trading decisions. Kpler specialises in dynamic markets characterised by opaque and incomplete information, such as commodity markets.
No. of Employees