Join the team behind GoodNotes, the iPad App of the Year and free form note-taking application with over 20 million users worldwide. At GoodNotes, we're shaping the future of note-taking by developing an AI-assisted product that predicts and writes notes for our users, whether it's typed text or handwriting. As our new Engineering Manager, you'll report directly to the VP of Engineering and manage a small team of talented individuals, including Machine Learning and iOS Engineers of all levels. You'll work closely with a cross-functional product team to drive innovation and bring our vision to life.
About the role:
- Lead a team of Engineers specialised in Machine Learning and iOS development, spanning various levels of experience.
- Foster collaboration with cross-functional teams to deliver a product that utilises predictive technology to write notes for users.
- Partner with the VP of Engineering to define and execute engineering strategies, aligned with the company's goals.
- Ensure timely delivery of high-quality work by the team, while maintaining a positive work culture.
- Mentor and coach team members, encouraging their professional growth and supporting them in reaching their full potential.
The skills and experience you will need to be successful in the above:
- Proven track record of successfully leading the development of AI-based features/applications from ideation to millions of users.
- Experience in managing and guiding engineering teams, providing technical and career guidance to team members.
- Solid mathematical foundation in deep learning techniques, AI and NLP, with a strong preference for handwriting recognition experience.
- Strong background in general software development, beyond AI/ML.
- Passion for AI technologies and a deep conviction in their potential to bring positive transformation to the way people work and live.
The interview process:
- Introduction: The Talent Team want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join GoodNotes
- Hiring Manager interview: A call with our VP of Engineering to discuss leadership/management experience and biggest challenges,
- Live coding & Technical interview:
- Some low level ML knowledge questions/ high level ML questions
- General software coding exercise
- Values interview - Meeting with a member of the Goodnotes Team to answer questions relating to take ownership AND build great things
What’s in it for you:
- Remote, flexible working
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Budget for things like noise cancelling headphones, setting up your home office, personal development, professional training, and health & wellness
- Sponsored visits to our Hong Kong or London office every 2 years
- Company wide annual offsite
- Flexible working hours and location
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents
GoodNotes is the best note-taking app for digital handwritten notes on iPad and iPhone. It was created from our founder's frustration of taking readable and reusable notes on his first iPad. We have since grown to millions of happy users and have been featured on Apple's iPad Pro videos and websites.
No. of Employees
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
GoodNotes is currently hiring Engineering Manager, AI Jobs in London, UK with average base salary of £55,000 - £80,000 / Year.