What to Expect
Tesla's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. We are committed to hiring the world's best and brightest people to help make this future a reality. Every Tesla is designed to be the safest, quickest car in its class—with industry-leading safety, range and performance. Quality Engineering team plays a key role in ensuring safety of our customers by providing world class Quality of our products. Quality Data Systems team is looking for a key player on the team who can help drive Quality data analytics and help cross-functional engineering organizations to provide opportunities in product quality improvements. Candidate should have experience working with large data sets, finding best ways to engineer the data to help create critical KPI metrics, building innovative visualizations and dashboards all the while keeping in mind what improvements can be driven in underlying data systems.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze manufacturing, equipment and vehicle data and extract useful statistics and insights about failures in order to drive meaningful improvements to production quality and customer experience
- Work effectively with engineers and conducting end-to-end analyses, from data requirement gathering, to data processing and modeling
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify data sources where the potential value is not fully realized and invent new means with which to interact and gather insights from them.
- Monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and depict the story via dashboards and reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Maintaining existing data visualizations, data pipelines and dashboard enhancement requests
- Automating analyses and authoring pipelines using SQL, Python, Airflow, Kubernetes based ETL framework
- Develop and maintain real time data streaming and processing pipeline using Kafka
- Drive underlying data systems improvement by working with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Perform data quality validations to ensure data creation is as per the business needs and expectations
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
What You’ll Bring
- BS/MS in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- 3+ years of work experience in data analytics or engineering related field
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with multiple data architecture paradigms (MySQL, MicrosoftSQL, Vertica, Oracle, kafka, Spark)
- Proficient at ad-hoc analysis using SQL queries, python data analysis packages (e.g.Pandas, Numpy) , report writing and presenting findings
- Proficient in data visualization techniques and tools using Tableau, Power BI, Superset, Matplotlib, Plotly etc.
Knowledge of various data communication protocols (e.g. REST API, Websockets)
- Strong understanding of various statistical techniques to effectively summarize data findings
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts, data mining tools and techniques
- Knowledge of manufacturing and service operations preferred
- Able to work under pressure while collaborating and managing competing demands with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skill and ability to work with different business stakeholders to understand, identify and translate business challenges into data projects
- A passion and curiosity for data and data-driven decision making
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this siteclick here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by steptutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage. California-based Tesla is committed to having the best-in-class in safety, performance, and reliability in all Tesla cars.