Position: Bigdata-Cloud Architect
Summary: Information Data Services(IDS) is a team developing world class data solutions on the most cutting-edge technologies for real time & micro batch data applications designed to work on any big data based environment On-Prem and/or Cloud(AWS/ Microsoft Azure). We are looking for a passionate, high energy Architect to influence & contribute on IDS data lake technology strategy & architecture on cloud.
What you’ll do
- Provide architectural & design leadership for IDS Data & Platform as a Service on cloud. Conceptualize and present the vision & value of proposed architectures and solutions (value added services) to a wide range of audience in alignment with business priorities and objectives.
- Apply creative thinking & approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with IDS technology strategies considering aspects like performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost.
- Conduct Proof-Of-Technology/Concept (PoT& PoC) for the new services/platforms evaluating various emerging technologies in the Big Data landscape on Cloud. Also explain the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Establish the design patterns, processes, standards, framework, and reusable components on the data platforms with a focus to make them inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and platform agnostic.
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders including Product managers & owners, business teams, engineering (data & platform) and PgM to identify and define solutions for complex business and technical requirements
- Provide technical mentorship to team, conduct design/code reviews, and drives initiatives for continuous improvements & engineering excellence.
What you need:
- Overall 14+ years of experience working in IT and at least 3-5 years as a Big data Cloud Architect
- Technically hands-on experience in building data lakes & applications on AWS or Azure leveraging services like Lambda/Fucntions, ECS, EKS, EMR, S3/ADLS, Databricks,Spark , Dremio
- Strong SQL skills, including query optimization, schema design, complex analytics
- Champion of one or more programming languages –Scala, Java , Python, etc
- Experience and knowledge on Kubernetes platform. Strong understanding of container technology (Docker), container architecture, deployment patterns (single/multi-container)
- Good understanding of VLDB concepts, distributed computing platforms, big data platform & streaming architecture, indexing, and partitioning
- Well versed with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Good communication skills across distributed team environment
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success
- Results driven leader with attention to detail and follow-through
- Problem solver – ability to address problems, large or small, in quick time
- Mentor and motivate team to upskill as well as deliver quality code
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or Engineering/ Related Field
Adobe is the global leader in digital media and digital marketing solutions. Our creative, marketing and document solutions empower everyone – from emerging artists to global brands – to bring digital creations to life and deliver immersive, compelling experiences to the right person at the right moment for the best results. In short, Adobe is everywhere, and we’re changing the world through digital experiences.