Credit Risk organization at T-Mobile is not your typical Financial Services Credit Risk team – it is the team that disrupts and innovates in Credit Risk strategies in support of the UNCARRIER mission!!!
We are looking for an individual with a superior blend of Business, Data Science background, Credit Risk modeling skills, advanced presentation skills, solid Credit Risk experience and People skills.
- You will work closely with the Credit Risk Management leadership team, Consumer and T-Mobile for Business [TfB] Credit Strategy and Collections Strategy teams to develop/maintain Credit Risk models and solve complex customer behavior and advanced analytical problems.
- You and your team will own and be responsible for developing & maintaining Credit Risk models and attributes to support both consumer and TfB credit risk decision throughout the customer credit lifecycle.
- You will partner with other functional teams in T-Mobile for deployment, tracking of Credit Risk models and providing read outs to leadership based on model performance insights & analytics.
- You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, extract key insights from data using data science/statistical/analytical concepts, and then be able to take it up a notch by clearly and concisely communicating actionable recommendations to leadership.
- You will be encouraged to represent Credit Risk Management team in the role of a credit data, credit risk modeling and data science/machine learning guide. This is an individual contributor position and does not lead people.
- Develop a deep understanding of T-Mobile systems, data and business processes across the customer credit lifecycle
- Develop, maintain, and monitor credit attributes from both external credit bureau data as well as internal customer behavior data
- Design, develop, maintain, and monitor Credit Risk models emphasizing both prediction accuracy, and the impact to losses and profitability
- Solve complex customer behavior problems using data science/machine learning/NLP approaches
- Lead and mentor junior team members to grow on technical capabilities and industry knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or related fields required; Master’s or PhD degree a plus
- 7+ years of quantitative analytics experience in business setting required; working experience in Financial Services industry a plus
- 5+ years of predictive model development experience in business setting required
- Team/project lead experience in business setting required
- Deep understanding of credit bureau report data and credit bureau attributes required
- High proficiency in SAS, Python, R or other analytical/model building programming languages required
- High proficiency in SQL required
- Solid skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Superior communication, organization, presentation, and time management skills required
- Direct experience with credit decision system and implementation a plus
- Wireless / Telecom experience a plus
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today!https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.
T-Mobile is the brand name used by some of the mobile communications subsidiaries of the German telecommunications company Deutsche Telekom AG in the Czech Republic, Poland, the United States and by the former subsidiary in the Netherlands.
No. of Employees
Bellevue, WA, USA