Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds, and our data is too. We are looking for ambitious Data Analytics Engineers with a passion for analytics engineering, the Modern Data Stack [Snowflake, DBT, Monte Carlo, Segment, Looker, etc], data modeling, perfect numbers, and insightful analysis. As the organization evolves, so does its dependence on data - we are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to expand how we get data into the hands of decision-makers, analysts, and developers across our multiple businesses. A successful candidate will understand the big-picture needs of a publicly-traded international eCommerce business and deliver information with speed, accuracy, and clarity.
The day to day:
- Partner with BI analysts and technical stakeholders to understand requirements and collaborate on providing solutions at scale
- Design and build end-to-end analytics solutions, including data acquisition, modeling, transformation reporting, and insights
- Manipulate large datasets quickly and efficiently in both relational and “big” data stores
- Support streamlining and automation of ad-hoc and standardized reporting functions
- Build data models and transformations using DBT with an emphasis on best practices, consistency, performance, and scalability
- Day-to-day operational support of data and analytics engineering infrastructure, products, and services, including on-call routine
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Relevant hands-on experience as a Data Engineer, Data Modeler, Data Architect, Analytics Engineer, or BI Engineer translating requirements into technical solutions
- Relevant professional experience with data modeling (including dimensional modeling), data warehouse design, building ETL/ELT pipelines, and end-to-end analytics solutions.
- Hands-on experience with DBT including SQL optimization, CTEs, and windowing functions
- Strong understanding of data access patterns and impacts on performance for relational and dimensional models [including columnar formats]
- Experience developing software in one of the following languages: Python, Java/Scala (or another JVM language)
- Hands on AWS experience using such items as IAM, DynamoDB, Lambda, etc
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Any of these would be a bonus:
- Domain experience in Marketing, CRM, Customer Analytics
- Experience using Looker to build dashboards and model data (LookML)
- Experience with CDP / Reverse ETL (Segment, Hightouch, etc)
- Experience with Cloud Data Warehousing technology such as Snowflake
- You have a direct impact on the success of the company. Your team’s work matters and is essential to the evolution of our core business!
- Executive leadership cares personally. They prioritize growth and planning your career path with your goals and passions in mind
- Flexibility to work between home and office with everything you need to be successful in both
- Extensive and competitive benefits package. Shutterstock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Suitably qualified and eligible candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Shutterstock ensures that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com.
Shutterstock is an American provider of stock photography, stock footage, stock music, and editing tools; it is headquartered in New York.