We at ShyftLabs are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team and help us build and maintain a world-class data ingestion platform. This data team is vital to important data processes, including financial reporting, machine learning and data science services, logs, and data-driven customer-facing applications. You will collaborate with many different stakeholders, internal and external, to understand data needs and manage the team turning those needs into data infrastructure and services.
- Lead a team of engineers in the development and maintenance of our distributed data ingestion platform, APIs, and self-service portals
- Instill engineering best practices for services development and data ingestion platforms
- Lead the coordination and development of tools and services to support our compliance commitments requirements for our ingestion pipeline
- Work with the team to manage data quality across our various ingestion sources
- Work with analytics, machine learning infra, and product teams to understand their evolving data requirements and influence the platform roadmap
- Guide, organize, and communicate the team's quarterly goals and accomplishments
- Hire and develop engineers and tech leads
- 5+ years technical experience in data infrastructure, data engineering, or software development. Experience in long-term management of data platforms is a big plus
- 2+ years of experience in people management with a track record of building teams and growing talent
- Extensive experience with AWS, Python, Airflow
- Experience launching large scale data ingestion pipelines
- Experience in designing scalable architectures and processes
- Experience working with senior stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, with cross-functional collaboration
- Experience working with vendors, ideally in the retail industry
We are proud to offer a competitive salary alongside a strong healthcare insurance and benefits package. The role is preferably hybrid, with 2 days per week spent in office. We pride ourselves on the growth of our employees, offering extensive learning and development resources.
ShyftLabs is a growing data product company that was founded in early 2020, and works primarily with Fortune 500 companies. We deliver digital solutions built to help accelerate the growth of businesses in various industries, by focusing on creating value through innovation.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
ShyftLabs is currently hiring Data Engineering Manager Jobs in Toronto, ON, Canada with average base salary of Can$90,000 - Can$190,000 / Year.