We are looking for a Senior Product Data Scientist for our P2P Product Data Science team who goes above and beyond simply providing reports and analyses. This person will help generate insights by mining PayPal’s rich data. In the process, this person will develop a deep understanding of the Consumer experience, Payments businesses, our site functionality, further strengthen their analytic, leadership, and presentation skills, and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within PayPal. Experience at managing/mentoring a small team would be a plus.
We are seeking an exceptional data science leader with a passion for data insights and relentless focus on execution:
- You are curious and inquisitive: love digging into data and uncovering insights
- You are hyper-analytical and intellectually honest, truly believing in data-driven decisions and communicating your ideas through storytelling
- You are a highly motivated, result-oriented self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and can deliver successful results with minimal guidance
- You are a player-coach, and are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and jumping into details
Your day to day:
- Challenge the status quo, and drive data backed decision making
- Partner closely with product leaders to understand new product offerings being built and recommend the right metrics to measure the performance of those features
- Identify key metrics, conduct rigorous explorative data analysis, create executive facing dashboards and build business cases that drive decision making and business prioritization
- Analyze consumer product performance and health, triage issues, and provide recommendation on the best course solution and optimization
- Synthesizing large volumes of data with attention to granular details and present findings and recommendations to senior-level stakeholders
- Collaborate with engineering and data engineering to enable feature tracking, resolve complex data and tracking issues, and build necessary data pipelines
- Define and cultivate best practices in analytics instrumentation and experimentation
- Support multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Mentor junior analysts on complex analyses
What do you need to bring:
- At least 5 years of experience analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing insights into actionable solutions
- S. in a quantitative field, advanced degrees preferred
- Fluent in SQL and at least one scripting language such as Python or R, comfortable working with large, complex, and potentially messy datasets
- Understanding of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, statistical inference, regression) and experience designing and evaluating complex experiments
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience leading cross-functional teams
- Prior work experience in a product analytics space would be highly valued
- A passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $84,500 to $204,600
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating an online payments system in the majority of countries that support online money transfers, and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.