GoHealth is looking for a Sr. Manager of Data Scientist to join its Data Science Strategy and Insights team. You will be responsible for using a combination of business intuition and advanced analytic techniques including statistics and optimization to develop models, products and technologies that create value across all aspects of our diverse business. Some current and recent projects include the modeling of customer retention, lifetime values of Medicare Advantage policies and detection of anomalies in commission payments. This role will directly report to our VP of Actuarial and Analytics.
About the team:
The department is comprised of actuaries, data scientists, and business analysts focused on addressing strategic questions for GoHealth using statistics and data science techniques. Teaching, and mentoring, and developing is part of our culture. The goal is to develop a balanced team with expertise from multiple disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of data professionals who partner with business stakeholders to test hypothesis, solve problems, and provide performance insights.
- Manage a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts to work on Advanced Analytics projects in customer lifetime value, A/B testing and other areas.
- Work with Customer Analytics and Revenue Operations to build predictive models, achieve accurate revenue forecasts, and support proper financial controls and revenue recognition.
- Collaborate cross functionally to manage project goals and expectations for actuarial and data science initiatives.
- Understand GoHealth’s business processes, the role each business unit plays in contributing to the company’s success, and how data analysis can support their operations.
- Oversee the analysis of customer lifetime value and the identification of drivers of attrition and churn. Bring continuing analysis to lead to improvements in customer retention.
- Establish requirements for data and software engineering teams to build systems to productionalize important models and data flows.
- Demonstrate the ability to stay current and improve at the leading edge in academic research in statistical modeling, data science and analytics. Introduce technology and process changes across the organization.
- Partner with engineering, product, and data science teams to deliver a best-in-class analytics solution.
- Mentor, empower and develop Data Scientists and Data Analysts on the team.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum 7+ years of experience, with various tools used for data exploration and business intelligence (e.g., AWS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau). Experience with Python and SQL preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team and leading projects
- In depth knowledge and experience working with Data management and BI strategies, principles and practices including experience with framework for data quality, data governance, stewardship, and metadata management
- Knowledge of technology and information systems, with focus on data analysis, data modeling, relational database, and reporting tools including real-time reporting, historical reporting, and advanced analysis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Data & Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related field
GoHealth is a marketplace for Medicare plans including Medicare Advantage, MediGap and Medicare Part D, which are programs administered through private health insurance companies. It also operates an online health insurance marketplace offering individual health insurance and short-term health insurance.
No. of Employees
Chicago, IL, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
GoHealth, Inc. is currently hiring Senior Data Scientist Manager Jobs in Chicago, IL, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $250,000 / Year.