GoHealth is looking for a Data Scientist to join its Data Science Strategic Insights team. You will be responsible for using a combination of business intuition and advanced analytic techniques including statistics and optimization to develop models, products and technologies that create value across all aspects of our diverse business. Some current and recent projects include the modeling of customer retention, lifetime values of Medicare Advantage policies and detection of anomalies in commission payments. This role will directly report to our Sr. Manager of Data Science.
About the team:
The department is comprised of actuaries, data scientists, and business analysts focused on addressing strategic questions for GoHealth using statistics and data science techniques. Teaching, and mentoring, and developing is part of our culture. The goal is to develop a balanced team with expertise from multiple disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Understand GoHealth’s business processes, including the role each business unit plays in supporting the company’s ultimate objectives.
- Lead quantitative analyses, working with business stakeholders and data engineers to identify and solve business problems.
- Provide new and creative insights through a combination of descriptive and diagnostic analytics.
- Test hypotheses across functions using measurable, statistical methods to evaluate best performing strategies.
- Stay current with data analytics tools and techniques and methods for data science, statistics and optimization.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related BS or BA degree in quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or Engineering
- Mastery of statistics including regression, estimation and hypothesis testing
- A minimum 5+ years of experience, with various tools used for data exploration and business intelligence (e.g., AWS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau). Experience with Python and SQL preferred.
- Experience with Python packages NumPy, SciPy, pandas and scikit-learn
- SQL experience in writing, editing and modifying complex, efficient SQL scripts
- Experience implementing algorithms or models into a product
- Experience guiding decision-making in a business context through a combination of descriptive and diagnostic analytics
- Proven ability to take insights and turn them into models and products can drive business value
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing to colleagues with varying degrees of analytical knowledge and understanding
- Experience extracting and standardizing inconsistent data from disparate data sources
GoHealth is a marketplace for Medicare plans including Medicare Advantage, MediGap and Medicare Part D, which are programs administered through private health insurance companies. It also operates an online health insurance marketplace offering individual health insurance and short-term health insurance.
No. of Employees
Chicago, IL, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
GoHealth, Inc. is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in Chicago, IL, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $250,000 / Year.