We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who will help develop the analytics and machine learning pipelines that support Artsy’s business operations and product features. This can involve challenges in data warehousing, orchestration, and infrastructure. Data has always been core to Artsy’s marketplace strategy, and this role will be responsible for shaping the tools, practices, and workflows that are needed for our next phase of growth.
The Data Platform team enables Artsy’s other engineering teams to develop reliable products quickly, by ensuring quality data and robust tooling. We release continuously, test often, and have a focus on monitoring and observability.
We are a lean team that relies on Airflow for orchestration, DBT for data modelling, Spark for data processing, and Redshift for warehousing. We integrate with services like Segment and Looker to accomplish our work, and are always evaluating new patterns, tools, and technologies.
As a Data Engineer you’ll architect systems for scale, focusing on data quality and platform reliability. You’ll help structure our data so it’s an invaluable asset in our dynamic business environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement pipelines that extract, transform and load data for product, analytics and operations use cases.
- Develop the tooling that enables our product engineers to enrich and transform the data needed to power our product features.
- Identify best practices for data modelling, by working closely with our analytics team on performance tuning, data quality and reliability.
- Collaborate with our machine learning engineers to deploy their workflows at scale.
Who You Are:
- You’ve worked on data processing or enrichment at a large scale, and are familiar with Python, DBT, Airflow, or similar tools.
- You have some familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. PySpark, Parquet).
- You have experience with cloud based deployment environments, using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or equivalent.
- You understand best practices in data modelling and warehousing.
- You value collaboration within teams, and you have experience building relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You have 3-5+ years of experience working in an agile environment.
- You are currently authorized to live and work in London or Berlin.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: our culture of trust and empowerment allows employees to take the time they need away from work while still excelling in their roles
- Artsy uses distributed practices as well as in person collaboration and connection. We give team members the ability to work from home flexibly, while also expecting everyone to regularly collaborate and connect in their local office
- Private healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, enhanced parental leave, Pension Plan, life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme featuring free mental health support, physio, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global All Hands meetings, Artsy Salon (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
Artsy, formally known as Art.sy Inc is a New York City based online art brokerage. Its main business is developing and hosting website for numerous galleries as well as selling art for them. It utilizes a search engine and database to draw connections and map relationships among works of art.