We are seeking a Data Analyst to join the Data Science and Analytics team. In this role, you will translate data into insights and drive improvements to our product, operations, and strategy. Your work will help Artsy’s mission to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
Our Data Science and Analytics team provides support across all of our products and operations by developing insights and enabling analytical and automated decision-making. We build strong partnerships with key stakeholders and foster a data-driven culture in which analytical insights guide continuous improvements across the organization. You will join a team of experienced analysts and be a part of a fast-growing, collaborative, agile data team that fosters a culture of impact and performance, with ample opportunities for ownership and growth.
Our Data Analysts are embedded in product teams. You will partner closely with product teams in the Core Marketplace product group. In this group we are responsible for the marketplace experience of both our partners and our collectors. We give partners the knowledge and tools to succeed on Artsy’s platform. We provide collectors with a seamless artwork evaluation and negotiation experience, leading to a smooth checkout for everyone around the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a strategic partner to both product and business leaders to help drive the right business and product decisions
- Investigate trends of key metrics of transaction funnels, platform engagement, and inventory; identify root causes and follow-through to make sure your work is understood and acted on
- Identify, implement, monitor, and report on team-wide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ship data products that improve our understanding of the art market, Artsy’s marketplace, and how to best serve our collectors and partners
- Apply statistical and machine learning models (ie. Time-Series Forecasting Models, Regressions, Kmeans Clustering, Random Forest, Natural Language Processing, etc.) to inform improvements to our business and product such as customer segmentation and inventory modeling
- Work with stakeholders to instrument proper tracking and define new data models, design and implement data pipelines
Who You Are:
- This role will be based in Berlin. You are currently authorized to live and work in Germany
- You bring previous experience in data analytics, data science, or business intelligence. You are proficient in SQL and experience with statistical programming in Python is a plus, however not essential
- You have a demonstrated ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and to communicate them to technical and non-technical colleagues
- You’re energetic, curious, thoughtful and passionate about defining problems and reaching conclusions
- You are a team player. You understand that being a good teammate requires a combination of soft skills & feedback, and is the key to being successful in a matrix organization
- You care deeply about giving and receiving feedback. (An open feedback culture at Artsy is central to how we work!)
- You know that data doesn’t fall from the sky in .csv form. You know that there’s a backstory to any data point, so you’re not afraid to dig deep to understand your raw material
- You know the basics of probability, statistical bias and inference, and how to calculate statistical power of an experiment
- You understand what an 80/20 solution is and have experience working quickly, iteratively, and know how to prioritize for impact
- Prior experience working with rapid product development for a consumer facing tech company and domain experience in e-commerce, a marketplace or SaaS company is directly relatable to Artsy, however not essential
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: our culture or trust and empowerment allows employees to take the time they need away from work while still excelling in their roles
- We are a global hybrid team: most employees work from home several days per week and come into our NYC, London, or Berlin offices flexibly based on team or role needs (in-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Benefit options, including: German language subscription, global travel insurance, mental health resources, fitness and virtual workout resources, fertility and parenthood support, standard pension & healthcare enrollment, parental and medical paid leave, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global All Hands meetings, Artsy Salon (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more.
Artsy, formally known as Art.sy Inc is a New York City based online art brokerage. Its main business is developing and hosting website for numerous galleries as well as selling art for them. It utilizes a search engine and database to draw connections and map relationships among works of art.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Artsy is currently hiring Data Analyst Jobs in Berlin, Germany with average base salary of €60,000 - €90,000 / Year.