Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the architecture, design, integration and test of the Archer aircraft state estimation system including all the sensors used for piloting and navigation.
- Propose and evaluate architecture concepts, perform architecture and technology trade-off analysis.
- Define and validate requirements for the aircraft sensors and state estimation software including sensors selection, voting, monitoring, fault detection, and sensor fusion.
- Generate state estimation models and algorithms to evaluate aircraft sensor designs and performance.
- Support the execution of the certification plan, verification plan and procedures.
- Support the integration and test of the state estimation software system and evaluate state estimation performance during aircraft lab integration and flight test campaigns.
- Work closely with suppliers to verify aircraft sensor performance during procurement, design and/or development of new components for the State Estimation System.
- Incorporate high fidelity models from aircraft sensor suppliers to support state estimation performance.
- Contribute to the development of certification plans and issue papers for the FAA.
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in a related field.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace or related field.
- Deep technical knowledge of sensor signal processing, sensor fusion algorithms such as Kalman Filters and environmental coexistence mitigation approaches.
- Expert in system simulation and sensor modeling using Matlab/Simulink and/or Python.
- Good knowledge of ARP-4754A, DO-254 / DO-178C standards.
- Knowledge of phases of aircraft development from concept to entry into service.
- Technical knowledge of aircraft inertial sensor types like AHRS, INS, GNSS, and supporting aircraft sensors such as DME/VOR, ILS, Air Data Systems, Radar Altimeters.
- Good understanding of computer architecture, embedded software, communication standards and protocols.
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages to conduct analysis.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR parts 23/25/91/135 and applicable guidance materials
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Familiarity with modeling tools (SysML/UML).
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $100,000 - $125,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer Aviation is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, California, which is developing eVTOL aircraft. Its eVTOL aircraft are planned to transport people in and around cities in an air taxi service and are claimed to have a range of up to 100 miles (160 km) at speeds of up to 150 miles per hour (240 km/h). United Airlines is its first major corporate partner, having ordered two hundred Archer electric aircraft.
No. of Employees
San Jose, CA, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Archer Aviation is currently hiring Data Modeling Engineer Jobs in San Jose, CA, USA with average base salary of $100,000 - $125,000 / Year.