About the Team
Fiat Risk engineering team focuses on providing cutting edge solutions by creating advantage data products and processes that account for all aspects of risk management of the entire OKX solution, with a focus on fiat related transactions, such as KYC, fiat deposit/withdrawal and chargeback management. This is a unique opportunity for technology enthusiasts to embrace your next challenge, to design tailor-made solutions, and to build high-performance web services that handle large volumes of transactions 24x7.
About the Opportunity
This role will provide an early and significant impact on the engineering team in the US. As the Director of Software Engineering for the fiat risk team, you will lead and guide your team on flawless and agile execution, implementation and support of backend microservices, working closely with the front end and cross-functional teams to coordinate complex deliverables, do research and provide meaningful feedback about any decision being made within the team. In addition, you are a fantastic people leader and motivator and will continue to raise the bar on technical excellence for all risk platforms for the business. Following are some domains you will have opportunities to work with.
- Real time fraudulent monitoring with highly configurable rules
- Machine learning models as micro services
- Event data stream ingestion which supports near real-time fraud rules setup
- Advanced a/b testing capabilities for our customers so they can leverage greedy algorithms and fight fraud
- Powerful tools and innovative data science driven solutions for business users
- Full feature risk ecosystem
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design and develop 24/7 high scale APIs and distributed system, the tech stack will be on AWS. Java would be the language for the existing code base. Java Spring Boot will be the framework
- Write unit tests, integration tests and CI/CD scripts
- Own, monitor and improve our services in production
- Lead design effort; write technical design documents and hold design review meetings
- Development and testing of high quality product features spanning multiple product domains
- Work with other engineering managers, architects, engineers & QA to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs w.r.t functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to development goals and principles
- Be a technical leader; research and promote new technologies and tools
- Develop talent through coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development
- Demonstrate sound engineering principles and directly contribute toward your team's goals
- Set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, management, and external stakeholders
- Own and lead collaborative efforts with various stakeholders including: Product, Design, Business and oversea engineering teams
What We Look For In You:
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development combined with people leadership and hands on capacity
- Experienced Java developer, ideally with Spring Framework (Spring Boot), Hibernate (or similar ORM), Maven, Git and JVM (memory/performance tuning, GC) and other languages such as (C++, Python, Go, Rust) can be a plus
- Experienced in distributed systems and microservices
- Experienced with MS-SQL server
- Proficiency with developing Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, Message Queue, Distributed/Scalable Architecture
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Results oriented, self-learner, problem solver with 'can do' attitude
- You love to mentor, develop and grow people, and have a track record of doing it
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Java Spring Boot is preferred
- You have experience with or have a firm understanding of the complexity in Fintech risk engineering challenges, including but not limited to: ACH unauthorized transactions, credit card chargeback, account takeover, anti-fraud. Experience in Fintech companies
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- Familiarity with product management processes and tools
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience working with teams across offices and time zones
- Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
The salary range for this position is $233,000.00 to $350,000.00. The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
OKX is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Okcoin USA, Inc.
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, ethereum, miamicoin and many other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that: we’re building an inclusive future of finance. A future that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.