What you'll do
- Help support the goal of building better, faster and cheaper digital maps
- As part of our team, you will be responsible for creating and developing a platform used for the production of digital maps
- Your work will improve the experience of key stakeholders of the data capture and analytics systems
- Exchange knowledge with our talented engineers globally and solve a wide range of challenging, state of the art algorithmic issues
- You will be working in the teams that directly manage their products
- Working within a DevOps team responsible for the design, development and operational support for several key systems
- Working with the latest native cloud technology to solve challenges of map making world
- Work independently and as a member of a team, to implement a shared vision of the end product
- Learn a lot of new things and continuously improve & expand your skills.
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development
- Recent development experience in Java, Golang or Python
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
- Working experience in DevOps environment and passion for CI/CD tools, and cloud computing
- Working experience in major cloud providers such as AWS, Azure using technologies including Cloud Formation, Terraform, Docker
- A proven track record with simple to complex architectural designs and getting them developed/deployed
- The ability to drive issues to resolution through communication, collaboration, and high-quality code
- Ability to analyze problems on the abstract level and to decompose them into logical parts
- Practical knowledge of object-oriented design principles and testing practices.
What’s nice to have
- Experience in Big Data and supporting technologies (Spark, Hive, Hbase and Databricks) is an added advantage
- Experience in Data ingestion, analyzing data, deduplication processes, data partitioning, converting data formats using skills SCALA, Databricks big formats is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of industry technology (analytics, monitoring, code deployment, system scalability, load balancers, web servers).
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Working @ TomTom, our work flexibility program – you and your team decide where is best for you to work depending on the activity you’re doing. This could be at home or in the office
- Home office benefits – you’ll be provided with a one-time home office setup budget to create a safe and ergonomic work environment, as well as a monthly allowance to support home office expenses
- Extended Location Flexibility – with this benefit, you may be eligible to work abroad for up to 30 days in your country of citizenship, or up to 90 calendar days in select countries and states
- Holiday package, including your birthday off
- Hackathons, DevDays and more – at TomTom, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life, shaping them to help millions of people around the world
- Learning opportunities – grow at TomTom through our internal learning programs
- Being part of a collaborative and inclusive global culture – we have over 80 nationalities!
- Plus, there will be additional benefits tailored to your work location!
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a global team within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for hundreds of millions of users around the world. Joining our team, you’ll continuously innovate our mapmaking processes, directly contributing to our vision: engineering the world's most trusted and useful map.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 4,000+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding. To find out more about our application process, check out our hiring FAQs.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom N.V. is a multinational corporation from the Netherlands that specializes in the development and production of location technology and consumer electronics. In 2004, TomTom introduced its initial line of satellite navigation devices. Presently, the company has a workforce of more than 4,500 people worldwide and conducts business in 29 countries located in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Americas.