Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
We currently have an exciting new position open for a Data Engineer. This person will assist in driving technology innovation for engineering projects and work on architecture of AWS, Elastic and Kubernetes. They will also work closely with the Technology Architect to create and drive the Architecture Review Board.
What you’ll be working on
- Determine internal / external customer data needs and identify system specifications
- Analyze the needs of large systems and breaking them down into smaller manageable parts
- Responsible for designing the journey of data from various sources to the database and everything in between
- Plan and design the structure of data, brainstorm with team
- Analyze best technology products and systems for internal teams
- Help provide build vs buy decisions on data architecture
- Communicate data requirements to engineers; explain data architecture to them and provide assistance throughout SDLC
- Choose / maintain suitable software, hardware and integration methods
- Help resolve technical problems as and when they arise
- Review testing procedures to ensure data performant and error free
- Ensure that database satisfy quality standards and procedures. Setup such standards.
- Work with senior IT personnel to devise plans for future IT requirements of the organization
- Produce progress reports on key infrastructures - Elastic and Data Pipelines
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor Degree or Post Graduate in Computer Science, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in an Engineering / Operations heavy organization
- 1+ years of experience as a Data Analysis and Data Design responsible for data architecture of a SaaS application
- Experience in understanding and designing data sharding in a distributed database
- Some Hands-on experience in software development and system administration
- Knowledge of strategic IT solutions
- Familiarity with Linux OS and Windows alike
- Experience in cloud computing and cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Excellent communication skills – you should be adept at listening to, understanding, and explaining key concepts to managerial and technical resources.
- Good Anticipation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time – responsible for multiple streams of work at the same time
- Relationship building - Ability to form a good rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge about quality standards and security best practices
- Expert level Understanding of Elastic eco system - Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Filebeats
- Understanding of secure tunnel communication using VPN
- Experience designing data at scale
- AWS experience is preferred in Cloud Technologies
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- Equity, in the form of non-qualified options
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
Barracuda Networks, Inc.
At Barracuda we strive to make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data, and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 150,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them – in ways they may not even know they are at risk – so they
No. of Employees
Campbell, CA, USA